•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

93 m5od to 88 B2 clutch line?

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
I just did an a4ld auto to M5od swap and I went to hook up the hydraulic line and it would not fit? I got a clutch line from an explorer that I think was a 94 or 95 and the connector wouldn't fit. which line will fit? do I need a 93 line only? I really hope I don't have to pull the trans out and get a pre 93 slave cylinder. I read in a thread that any line will fit the 88 master, if that's true I will go pull one at the jy tomorrow. Thanks for all experienced help.

Schnot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
You have to have the year clutch line for your truck/slave cylinder.

I just did the swap on my 89 ranger. I got the trans from a 93 ranger so I got a Slave and master cylinder assembly or that 93. They're different than the one used for the 89. The holes don't line up right on the fire wall and the clutch doesn't have enough travel to fully disengage the clutch.

So I ordered the right master cylinder assembly and put it on and the line wouldn't go into the slave for the 93. The quick connect fitting on the end is a little bigger.

Long story short, you'll need the slave and master cylinder assembly from your model generation.

Sent from my iPhone.

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
the best choice IMO would be a master, slave and line from a 91-92 ranger. im running an m50d from a 93 navajo in my 1st gen ranger, and thats the hydraulics im using. i did run a 93 slave and line with a 2nd gen master for a while, it worked but the slave crapped out once a year, every year for 3-4 years. after that i decided to replace everything from the same donor and hope that fixes my problem. so far so good. i think ive got the old master and line kicking around somewhere. PM me if you think it would do you some good.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Thanks for input, I got a line from a 93 that was gold color. Gold on gold was the answer, had to slightly bend the steel end and everything went together sweet and after about a half hour of my wife pushing the pedal to bleed it completely we are good. the black end on post 94 lines wont fit the gold 93/94 slave cylinder. Much thanks.