•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

95 x sub and amp in 91 sport?

brantr83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i just got a 91 navajo 2 door this weekend and i was at pull-a-part and spotted a jbl amp and sub from a 95 4 door EB. i got it out and took the pigtails as the roof was crushed and i could not get the rest of the harness, for $20! it all looks like its in great shape and the cone is still good. my question is how do i install it? will i need to run my own wires or get some place to do this for me? I guess im hoping it just plugs right in but its never that easy for me. oh and my "jo" has the upgraded audio system just no sub.

thanks!

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Vehicle
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
i just got a 91 navajo 2 door this weekend and i was at pull-a-part and spotted a jbl amp and sub from a 95 4 door EB. i got it out and took the pigtails as the roof was crushed and i could not get the rest of the harness, for $20! it all looks like its in great shape and the cone is still good. my question is how do i install it? will i need to run my own wires or get some place to do this for me? I guess im hoping it just plugs right in but its never that easy for me. oh and my "jo" has the upgraded audio system just no sub.

thanks!
first gen explorers had factory jbl subs too, the 95+ are just a bigger sub and probably better amp setup. they have a wiring harness with 2 connections at the subbox end in the vehicles equipped with the sub. the amps usually go out and are no good most of the time and they won't work anyway.