•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

a4ld problem

morsching

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I have a 1988 ford bronco 2 4x4 i just put a reman trans in it i drove i about 500 mile to it to the river bottoms once and got it stuck i wasnt slamming gears or anything i was pretty gently on the trans for goin mudding. now it only shift in 1st and 2nd. I had a mechanic look at it he say the drive and od bands are broke and info would be great. or any info on a different trans that would mount up that is stronger thanks.

Bruce

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
There is no band for 3rd(drive)its a drum and that same drum(clutch pack) also makes reverse work. When it shifts from1st to 2nd does it shift harsh or hard? if so then i would say check out your vacuum line to modulator. Is it only shift manually also??

morsching

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
trans

There is no band for 3rd(drive)its a drum and that same drum(clutch pack) also makes reverse work. When it shifts from1st to 2nd does it shift harsh or hard? if so then i would say check out your vacuum line to modulator. Is it only shift manually also??

i shiftes fine from 1to 2 and reverse also works i checked the vacuum mod that seemed fine. can u give any info about the m5od-r1 are they a nice strong trans or are they a weaker trans like the a4ld

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I lost two A4LD's before I wised up and put in a Mazda trans. Both went out while driving like I had an egg between my shoe and the gas pedal (without breaking the egg). I pulled the second one apart and found a dozen roller bearing needles in the trans filter screen.

Now I drive like I've got a set and think "thank you Jesus" with every shift.

#1 U.S.A.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
you should never take a remanufactured trans mudding after 500miles you should drive it for 3 months or at least 3000 miles befor making the trans really work.