•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Aftermarket Spare Tire Mount/Rear Bumper for 1990 B2

jbby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Hey everyone!!

I hope all of you are doing well and working on your B2’s! Personally, I recently got out of the hospital after a week long stay, and now that i’m back in my bronco I am itching to give it some upgrades!

I really need a spare tire mount/bumper combo. I’ve read all the forums about the stock mounts and i’m not looking to get into that mess. I was thinking about getting the rear bumper & mount from James Duff, however I heard from another B2 owner that they had to make some modifications to their liftgate in order to open it with the bumper installed... although they had a different year than I do. Does anybody have any experience with this? Or any recommendations on different options?
I’m hoping that you guys have some advice for a newbie like me!

Thank you!

86isuzu

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Suspension Style
4wd
That is one clean BII.
The only premade tire carrier I'm aware of is the James Duff one you mentioned. I haven't heard anything negative about them at all.
I would say your only alternative would be a custom job.

jbby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
That is one clean BII.
The only premade tire carrier I'm aware of is the James Duff one you mentioned. I haven't heard anything negative about them at all.
I would say your only alternative would be a custom job.
Thank you!!
I saw a video of a custom build done by another user and I’m going to try that route. It’s using the rear bumper from James Duff, a kit from EMS, and welding some metal tubing.