•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

almost bad

RICO9

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Vehicle
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
So my fiance's 95 explorer sport started shaking a few days ago but it got really bad yesterday so i take it for a spin. HOLY CRAP! feels like it's about to shake itself apart! it felt to me like it was in the front end so i spend about an hour checking everything; ball joints, tie rods, steering, tire pressure, wheel weights, brakes, cv axles, lug nuts. Huh, all look good (except one tire was a little low) oh well i guess i'll rotate the tires while i'm at it then i decided to check the manual tranny fluid and t-case fluid..... wait a minute! hey that bolt on the t-case end of the rear drive shaft looks a little loose! a closer inspection found that 2 of the 4 bolts were loose and the other 2 were gone! i put 2 new ones on that i had in my b2 and tightened them down and all is good......... But it was almost bad.

tbirdscott

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I had the rear u-joint on my front drive shaft blow apart in an old 1 ton I had. Pushed the floor under my feet up about 6 inches and made a whole lot of bad noises!

Good job catching it before it got out of hand!

Scott

FroLock84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Honda
I had the rear u-joint on my front drive hid light bulbs shaft blow apart in an old 1 ton I had. Pushed the floor under my feet up about 6 inches and made a whole lot of bad noises!

Good job catching it before it got out of hand!

Scott
Ouch, I can't even imagine the noise that that made.