•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Andres629's still at it! '87 BII this time!

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
thanks for the comments all. Robert, the front bumper is black, the rear one is still chrome. :annoyed: multi, thanks for that compliment, means a lot. Like gwaii said once, "I just do what I do. If you like it, excellent. If not don't look."
I love me a good chopped BII as well, but we'll see.

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Don't chop the B2, all you get is a stubby Ranger.....

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
dude that grill looks killer, how did you do it? is there a thread on it? or some pics?

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Haha, sorry... I kind of just jumped the gun on the grille and did it all in one day while I didn't have a camera. Basically though, I just cut out the center section of a stock ranger grille (just the insert-type pat though, not all the way to the lights hole!) and took an Aerostar and cut it to fit the existing hole. I then used sheetmetal screws to hold it in place while using a Fusor brand plastic adhesive to bond the two pieces. Then, I cut/sanded any excess adhesive, used a plastic adhesion promoter, and sprayed BASF 2.1 VOC High Build Primer Surfacer on it. Then, I used small amounts of polyester body filler in the areas where there was a joined surface, and sanded it smooth, then used a sealer, and sprayed it black. I can take it off and get some pics (kinda) on how I did it, and do a more in-depth thread on it if there is more interest.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
ok lol, looks really good dude

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Thanks man, and sorry about not having more pics of doing the grille. It's really not hard though, just make sure you cut the Aerostar grille to as close to fitting the gap as possible!

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
ok, idk if ill try, dont wanna mess up my grill, and im not too good at stuff like that, even though my truck needs a new grill anywasy since its held on my 2 screws lol, ill wait ti try till i get another grill

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Did some wheelin' last weekend, here's some pictures! Sway bars still attached (unfortunately...)

Went down a quad trail, didn't have a chainsaw, but they cut this just wide enough for a quad...

Guess I'll crawl over...

For those of you keeping track...
$300 CDN for the truck, $65 CDN for paint, $30 for u-joint style driveshaft, nada for tires (came as spares when I traded my dirt bike for Land Cruiser) and just recently $100 for a set of rust free doors. I'm into this truck about $500 CDN. Awesome.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
that's too much....i'll give you $250 for it:D

Grey_04

Reaction score
nice find with the b2 the wheeling pics are sick, what year is the fj?

MountainMike

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 CID
It's in the works... I don't want to get an MVI on this one like I did on my Ranger. I'm going to either make some out of some 18ga checkerplate aluminum, or use old conveyor belt. So far I'm leaning towards conveyor so that WHEN I rub it against a tree, it just folds over and goes back in place, rather than bending. :icon_bounceblue:
MVI... wazzat?

As for the flares head an idea I keep having (and may need to do depending on how my new tires fit) was to get some "Long John" front mudflaps for the fleet Super Duties and run those as flares. That are designed to sit at the bottom like normal mudflaps but be able to bend and they come all the way up to the top of the wheel wheel giving you that Johnny Law pleasing 12-4 O'clock coverage.

Kind of like this:

But of course I'd be getting them from work so they would have Ford ovals on them:D

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
looking good, lets see those doors...

mud flaps and flares are for girls :thefinger:

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
that's too much....i'll give you $250 for it:D
Haha! You're funny. I've already had one person offer me $1500 and another $1200... without the big tires even. But I rather like this little unit, and I've got 4.56 gears and a D35 Auburn locker coming for it. L/S 8.8 and locked 35 with extended RA's and 2" lift with XJ coils and Expo leaves on Belltech 6400 shackles. I think it'll do alllllllright.

what year is the fj?
It's a 71 on 35" TSL Boggers. Sold it yesterday though. :D

MVI... wazzat?

As for the flares head an idea I keep having (and may need to do depending on how my new tires fit) was to get some "Long John" front mudflaps for the fleet Super Duties and run those as flares. That are designed to sit at the bottom like normal mudflaps but be able to bend and they come all the way up to the top of the wheel wheel giving you that Johnny Law pleasing 12-4 O'clock coverage.
MVI= Motor Vehicle Inspection, a box 2 inspection. Essentially an out of province safety. :annoyed: I'm going to do that ^^^ but with conveyor belt. Those flaps cost too much without stealership employee pricing. :thefinger:

looking good, lets see those doors...

mud flaps and flares are for girls
Ha. Ha ha. ha. Good one. lol
Actually, I feel the same way, but I don't want to get this thing pulled off the road, too. I'm having enough hassle trying to get my Ranger saftied so I can at least drive it after I do the half-ton axles. lol Doors are not on yet, I've still got to shoot them with some chromated epoxy primer, you know, the proper way to do it. Haha! :thefinger:

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Ha. Ha ha. ha. Good one. lol
Actually, I feel the same way, but I don't want to get this thing pulled off the road, too. I'm having enough hassle trying to get my Ranger saftied so I can at least drive it after I do the half-ton axles. lol Doors are not on yet, I've still got to shoot them with some chromated epoxy primer, you know, the proper way to do it. Haha! :thefinger:
screw paint lol i dont have the patience for that shit!

MountainMike

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 CID
MVI= Motor Vehicle Inspection, a box 2 inspection. Essentially an out of province safety. :annoyed: I'm going to do that ^^^ but with conveyor belt. Those flaps cost too much without stealership employee pricing. :thefinger:
Hey now, no need for insults:D

If you came in to my work asking for long john flaps are started talking about your sick BII I'd give you a deal.

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Cool, thanks Mike! I'll drive up there soon to get them. :D

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
i like this build man.

how much of a gap do you have in the back wheel wells now that you cut the fenders?

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
No gap, I welded in new sheetmetal after bashing the inner well with a BFH. But there would have been about a 3" gap in the rear well if I wouldn't have welded it up.

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
do you think i could see a pic if you have one of how you did it?

i am going to be cutting my fenders soon and am just wondering how im going to fix the gap.

thanks

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I can get one from the underside... I've got my interior plastic on now and it was a real PITA to get it on after... I don't want to take the plastic off again just to get a picture... haha! But it's really not hard, if you tackled a half door, this is basically the same. Cut, bash, template a patch, weld. Easy! Just make sure to seam seal it after.