•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Andres629's still at it! '87 BII this time!

MountainMike

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 CID
I got to agree with John, I missed you buddy:D

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Haha, thanks guys. I got busy with work (awesome!) and I also moved and haven't had internet for a while so I was borrowing internets from my grandmother's house. Haha.

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! For anyone still paying attention to this thread, I have shop space! Bronco is going in there and staying in there 'til she's done. I'm going to get it down there today or tomorrow, We'll see what my day looks like today. But by tomorrow for sure, then the tear down/rebuild starts! Keep ya eyes peeled.

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
sweet... dont forget your camera!!

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Pff, I've kept all a y'all hangin' long enough, if I forgot my camera there would be an uproar I think. There will be pictures, and quite a few of 'em at that!

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Yes, take lots, and lots of pictures, and just when you think you have enough pictures, take more :)

Robert

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yes, take lots, and lots of pictures, and just when you think you have enough pictures, take more :)

Robert
if your in doubt on the amount of pics.....check the last few pages of RangerSVT's build thread....or Kage's:D:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

btw....is it there yet :thefinger:

l8r, John

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I just came home with the diesel plates to move the ol' BII down to the shop. Good times! I'll post up some pictures in the next few days. :headbang:

BONES

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
ROCKIN!!!!

Can't wait to see how this project goes together man!!

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Thanks Bones! Yeah, it's going to come together quickly I hope... and to give credit where credit is due, I took a lot of inspiration/ideas from your build, dude! Mine's going to be the littler version of yours though... I think I'm going for about 3.5" of "lift" and only 37's, but hey, maybe mine'll be able to hang with yours one day!

BONES

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
That would be sick if we get out wheeling together man!! I look forward to that day for sure, hey we're only like 8hrs away from each other right?

Thanks for the props man, much appreciated and I'm flattered someone actually likes what I have done with it. I just build what I hope will work well on the trails I run, tried to build it capable enough to handle every type of terrain we have here and so far she does that very well. Comes from growing up around wheeling for my entire life I think, you get to know what works and what doesn't. Thanks man!!

Yeah with the body lift and suspension lift I believe I'm at 4ish suspension and 3" body lift so maybe 7ish inches total lift. I could afford to loose an inch or 2 from the body lift for sure, might actually do that eventually. But as for suspension you pretty much need 4 ish inches lift for diff to engine clearance otherwise you will have very limited up travel, mine has roughly 3" to hit the bump stops at ride height.

Actually I've been really thinking about the redesign of my front rad arms. The C bushings suck ass man, if you can don't use em, do joints instead, my plan is a 3 link with the 3rd link coming off the drivers side arm. I get axle wrap and I have already worn these poly C bushings out after only 6 months of wheeling.

I need to measure to the body line on a stock BII so I can get a REAL lift measurement on mine. When I measured before and after the lift, I measured to the fender lips directly above the tires, now I have trimmed the fender lips off so I actually have no idea how far the fender lip was from the body line so I can figure out what lift I have compared to when she was stock height.

I'm following your build with anticipation man, so make sure to take and post lots of pics!! :D

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
i cant believe this is on page 3! bump for updates!!

your slackin in the pics there andres!

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
.......anything going on in here?............

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I was down at the shop for a day last week, got a few pics. Life has gotten hectic! I have a few pics, going back down every day this week to hump out some progress.

I have the axle in its approximate location, wheelbase turns out to be 99", so that's not too bad. At ride height on aired up 37's, it sits about .5" lower than it did on 35's, so that's sweet. I've been thinking about pinching the front end about 2.5" on either side, but we'll see. I still have to street it sometimes...

In other news, my girlfriend picker her up a new pickup truck. I think I'm rubbing off on her. :headbang: I'm slightly jealous, and wish it was mine.

The truck is a 91 2.3 5-speed, and as you can see, she's mint!Plans are (AKA, have her convinced to..)
-Remove a leaf from the rear to lower it about .5 inch, have it sit closer to level
-Buckets and Explorer center console
-Custom headliner
-Right now it's on 215/65r15 tires, she's going to a 245/55 out back and a 235/55 up front

I'll have more shots this week hopefully. I don't have internet access, so I'm posting up pictures when I can!

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice. I think those rims look on it too.

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Well, not much to report. Kind of at a standstill 'til I can get a few parts to put the front end together. Stupid Ford only parts. :annoyed:

On a side note, I have to move my steering box forward. Anyone have any suggestions? I think it's kind of lame that the steering box is "frenched" into the frame rail like that.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How far are you moving the axle forward? Can you mount the tie rod ahead of the draglink and use a slightly longer pitman arm (F150 were 1/2-3/4" longer I've found)? I could go 3" ahead and the tierod was parallel to the draglink. If you mount them the other way around you could angle it the other way? Those NWF arms do have dual holes in both sides....

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I'm moving the front axle forward 4-5" and will be using a factory F-150 pitman arm. But it's still not quite enough.

While I've gotcha Andrew... the outer axle seal... basically just to keep the dirt/water out of the axle tube. Wouldn't happen to know a part number, or even what they look like, do you?