•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Andres629's still at it! '87 BII this time!

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Narrow? Pah! I'mma find dually hubs and use those! Haha, nah. I'm going to leave it full-width and find a matching 60 for the front. I'll spool the rear and probably ARB the front. But that's likely next winter's project, heck I haven't even gone to get the rear yet. But I talked to the guy today, he's got two 60's with 4.10's, complete drum to drum, and he's only asking $80. Score! He went with deuces on his project I think... So I'm officially on the hunt for a front 60 and some 40's. :headbang:

Kris, the 'Wack is on the other side of Kelowna, you would more than likely be driving right through! When you do, feel free to pop by for a beer or two and food. Heck, depending on the time, even a place to crash. Invite is there. :icon_thumby:

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
lol thanks and for what its worth i saw a build on pirate for a guy on 38"s dana 60s and no lift sure he had to cut all the way up the bottom of the window and tub it in but it looked sick and sure was stable. and as for the trip this is assuming i get my 07 f350 by then which by all rights i should be able to so im thinking of dragging my trail truck up as well. going to be stopping off at my buddys in edmonton that i havnt seen scince highschool for some winter wheeling

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
lol thanks and for what its worth i saw a build on pirate for a guy on 38"s dana 60s and no lift sure he had to cut all the way up the bottom of the window and tub it in but it looked sick and sure was stable. and as for the trip this is assuming i get my 07 f350 by then which by all rights i should be able to so im thinking of my trail truck up as well. going to be stopping off at my buddys in edmonton that i havnt seen scince highschool for some winter wheeling
if we are thinking about the same b2....its 43's not 38's and as right now that build has been stopped for a while...

stock height and 43's would be nice

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
That's approximately what will be happening to this... I'll probably chop right at the harsh section of the bodyline and weld in a Ranger box side and trim accordingly. Then move the rear axle back a couple inches... which is where the Ranger bed side comes in handy... more meat on the forward section of the rear quarter panels. It's going to be 4 linked front and rear, likely on air shocks... found a dude with a set of Fox 2.0's, two 12" and two 14" for $650, and they come with new bodies. We'll see if he gets back to me before I blow the budget...

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
sick... all these low cog huge tire builds makes me wanna strip my samurai and get it on 37 and a little lower then it is on the 33s right now. but im also saving for a new truck... so it'll have to wait

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Well plans changed again. No longer going tons... I am picking up a front HP44 from Wahlstrom1 with 5.13's and a rear set of 5.13's as well. So, half ton SAS it is! Got a spool (I hope...) from a local-ish guy, so the front Detroit and rear spool will be rad. Probably end up linking the rear and leaving the front RA setup with heims.

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
would that be the hp that he just pulled after UA?

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
that will be a nice setup, tons are over rated (as long as your on a decent size tire)

wait till you see what im going to be doing to my half doors, youll be jealous :thefinger:

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
It was the one going to go into his truck... whether it's that one or not, didn't ask.

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
that will be a nice setup, tons are over rated (as long as your on a decent size tire)

wait till you see what im going to be doing to my half doors, youll be jealous :thefinger:
i think so too, probably just going up to a 37 or 38, we'll see.

What are you doing with them?

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
true its the same problem toyotas have. you can run a 38 on a toyota axle b4 breaking them (normally) after that you go to tons. but the pumpkins hang down so low that you have to runa 42-44" tire then your breaking things all over again
so id say a 38ish tire on 1/2 tons would make more scense

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
a 38 is what i plan on running on my 44, cutting it close but im pretty easy on the pedal

im going to be building some storage solutions into my doors

Tyler_b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Hey Its tyler(guy bought the lift parts from) Glad to see everything worked out okay for ya, Finally found some pics and your build thread... Truck looks awesome! Going away from ttb now eh?? tisk tisk, lol joking, Prob gonna start a thread of my own pretty quick after i sold the lift to you ive been slowly finishing the daily/driver/race explorer build, coilover ttb and all... Anyways take care and ill keep this page saved to see what your up to
Cheers
Tyler

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Hey Its tyler(guy bought the lift parts from) Glad to see everything worked out okay for ya, Finally found some pics and your build thread... Truck looks awesome! Going away from ttb now eh?? tisk tisk, lol joking, Prob gonna start a thread of my own pretty quick after i sold the lift to you ive been slowly finishing the daily/driver/race explorer build, coilover ttb and all... Anyways take care and ill keep this page saved to see what your up to
Cheers
Tyler
Hey Tyler! Good to see ya! Yeah, going away from TTB on this rig, but keeping all the good TTB stuff for my Ranger. I thought about staying TTB and going with a D50 with custom long arms and coilovers, but I got such a good deal on ALL the stuff from Andrew (wahlstrom1) for a 44 SAS that I couldn't pass it up. 5.13's (and an 8.8 5.13 gearset, too!) Detroit Locker, cromo shafts, and high steer with mega long-arms with heims... I had to jump on it. Keep an eye out, man! Big changes coming. :icon_cheers:

I'll definitely keep my eye peeled for a build thread on your rig, that thing will be gnarly!

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would that be the hp that he just pulled after UA?
I had a EB low pinion diff, I bent both inner C's and was replacing it with the
diff the Andres629's bought from me.

It worked out very well for both of us, most of my parts are new, or like new and he's getting a good deal and everything he needs at once! It also lets me get both my new axles built at the same time.... 3 link FTW! :headbang:

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I agree, couldn't have worked out better I don't think.

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
I agree, couldn't have worked out better I don't think.
i wouldnt say that... i mean he did get a free set of mtr-k's from UA didnt he? so what happend to his old km2s.. maybe he'll feel generous and when you pick up the axle he'll throw those in to get them outta his way :icon_thumby:

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
and just when is this swap gonna start????

l8r, John

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
i wouldnt say that... i mean he did get a free set of mtr-k's from UA didnt he? so what happend to his old km2s.. maybe he'll feel generous and when you pick up the axle he'll throw those in to get them outta his way :icon_thumby:
I actually considered buying those MT/R's from him with rims, but I've got free 15x8 steelies that I will get beadlock rings cut and weld on myself, and keep my 35's 'til I find a good deal on a set of 37-38's. And he's actually delivering the axle for me. :D

John, swap is gonna start when the axle gets here, beginning of March. Going to get everything built before hand, and swap it in a weekend down at the shop.