•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Andres629's still at it! '87 BII this time!

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Well, I'm going to be missing more sheetmetal once I find 38's. I'm going to cut it all the way up to the body line, and the whole freakin' core support/inner apron is saying goodbye in favour of an engine cage so I can flex out and not worry about rubbing anywhere. I will probably slap a set of IROKs on 'er, or MAYBE a set of Maxxis Treps, we'll see what happens. Although, TSL's are a wicked tire, and if I can find a used set of 38's, for sure!
Christmas lights 'cause I'm just too lazy to crawl up there and take 'em down. Plus, I've got bigger things to do with my time!
Tires are directional, although I haven't had a problem in reverse so far... :dunno:

Jon, I'll ALWAYS have more sheetmetal than you... you have a regular cab. :thefinger: But I agree, stupid sheetmetal.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 CID
are those tires directional?
No, they are an asymmetrical design. You noun them so one side is always out, so they look backwards on one side. Rig looks pretty sweet Andres!

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
its been 4 days scince you got the axle. and no word on whats going on... better be busy stocking up on parts!!

or even better your busy with a sawzall :icon_thumby:

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I'm basically at a standstill til I find a FW 8.8, and I'm debating on whether or not I want to link the rear right off the bat...

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
ya know ya wanna link it.....just for the extended wheelbase and departure angle it allows :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
ya know ya wanna link it.....just for the extended wheelbase and departure angle it allows :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John
Boy aren't you full of advice sitting behind the computer with a frame donor not getting stripped and under your truck!
Put that knowledge to work!

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
Boy aren't you full of advice sitting behind the computer with a frame donor not getting stripped and under your truck!
Put that knowledge to work!
:icon_rofl: and as for you andres. i think id do leafs first. then see if you even want to go to links. ive seen so many people on here that keep doing the whole truck build at once and its too much $ for them and time off the trail

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Yeah, see?? I'm thinking I'll go inboarded leaves first, then next winter I'll box the frame and link the rear. Either way, I think I'll be on 38's before the summer is out...

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it, thing looked awesome before, I wanna see you get it on fullwidths! And remember.... the MTR's are available, lol.

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Thanks Andrew! I wanna see it on fullwidth as well... I'm going to try and maybe get it down an inch... maybe leave it the same height it is, just up to 38's...
I want those MT/R's, but I don't really have the coin ATM, plus I'd have to buy 17's (I know you have some too... lol) We'll see what happens/what I can sell. =P

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
On a serious note, I did actually go out and snap a couple pics in the driveway. Went wheelin' yesterday and the FSR to the trail was all melty and junk.. that's the one thing I hate about no flares. AND, got a couple sweet new stickers. Here you guys go. :D

I'm digging that bumper :headbang:, mind being somewhat copied? :icon_idea:

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Great looking rig...I cant wait to see the build pics as you continue! :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Thanks guys! Stay tuned, hopefully going to start soon. :icon_thumby:

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
you know... you dont need a rear axle to cut your fenders. set up the front axle or get the front suspension done :icon_twisted:

really though you could run the stock width 8.8 out back for a bit or even get some spacers like kyle. (wait whatd he do with his) or is there going to be a gear change with the new axles?

mostly im just really bored and cant ork on my own junk in the driveway cause its been raining all week. and no one else is doin anything in thier threads right now lol

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Yep, there is going to be a gear change, to 5.13's. And I'm not going to cut the fenders 'til I find some 38's 'cause it'll look stupid with 35's. lol
This is still a DD 'til the current 35/8.8 come out to go under my Ranger, and we're knocking out the SAS in a weekend down at the shop to minimize downtime. And 'til then, I still wanna wheel!