•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

anyone done something dumb before?

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
so i went to go open the hood last night on my 97 bronco ii and i notice the hood wouldn't open i tried everything pulling on the lever really hard hitting the hood all that stuff before resorting to trying to unbolt the latch. well it wouldn't budge so i cut my grill up to get at the bolts better i get it off and go to the junkyard to get a new one. no replacement grills there and no working latches but i noticed that i instinctively grabbed the ebrake release when i went to open the hood on one of the junkers. turns out i had been pulling on the ebrake release on my bronco the whole time and now i just wasted my day destroying a perfect grill and managed to wreck the release cable too. one of the dumbest things i have ever done. on a plus i found some nice pioneer speakers in a bronco got 3 of em for 11$

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
that really sucks dude, ive done the same thing minus the cutting and wrecking of stuff. i managed to realize i pulled the wrong lever before i did anything too dumb.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
It can be hard to stop and think for a minute before you get in trouble and jump to conclusions.i just dodged a bullet with help so it comes out good sometimes.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Dude, everybody does something like that, sooner or later. I've sure done my share of dumbsh!t moves. It's OK; you learn something from it; then, it's best to laugh about it, and then you move on.

Good score on the speakers.

THEJUNK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91EXPO A.K.A TH
Vehicle
ford tuff
Engine Size
dumb as#

I WENT TO GET SOME GAS WHILE IM FILLING UP MY KID CALLS ME I GO CHECK ON HIM ...THEN I LOOK OVER TO SEE THE PUMP STOP...I GET IN MYJUNK LIKE A DUMMY I DRIVE OFF I THEN HERE A LOUD AS "BANG"SH*T I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE NOZZLLE LOL....I DIDNT WANT TO LOOK LIKE A BIGGER AS$ I DROVE OFF AND THEN CAME BACK IN MY WIFE CAR AND DROPED IT OFF AND CUT OUT....U HAD TO BE THERE FUNNY SH@T!!!!:icon_rofl:

mattpresley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
I WENT TO GET SOME GAS WHILE IM FILLING UP MY KID CALLS ME I GO CHECK ON HIM ...THEN I LOOK OVER TO SEE THE PUMP STOP...I GET IN MYJUNK LIKE A DUMMY I DRIVE OFF I THEN HERE A LOUD AS "BANG"SH*T I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE NOZZLLE LOL....I DIDNT WANT TO LOOK LIKE A BIGGER AS$ I DROVE OFF AND THEN CAME BACK IN MY WIFE CAR AND DROPED IT OFF AND CUT OUT....U HAD TO BE THERE FUNNY SH@T!!!!:icon_rofl:
OMG i did the same thing while driving my moms tahoe. I started pumping gas and then went in for a soda. went back to the truck to drive off. all I heard was I sound like I was dragging something. I look in the mirror and sure as shit half the hose was detached and the nozzle was still in the tank. to top it off I went to replace the hose and was COVERED in gasoline spray(just as I needed a cig too:annoyed:) Went home to take a shower and never went back to that station:D

pangborn83

Reaction score
well not one of my dummy moves (I have made enough to write a book) but I have a friend who is a state trooper. He was at the gas station just down the road from his barracks filling up and was sitting in the patrol car doing some paperwork. Well a call came out and he started the car and drove off not thinking. When it broke he didnt know what to do go to the call or turn around so he went to the call. He was back at the gas station about to get out when his supperior called him and reamed him out. LMAO

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Wow.. I think everyone has me beat...

My usual bonehead move is to install a new radio and try it only to find it isn't working, then panic, yank it back out, check all the connections and spend 5 frantic minutes playing with it before it dawns on me to check the fuse panel... I've managed to do that twice now... :annoyed: