•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

auto to manual swap

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
hey experienced bronco 2 folks, I am doing a manual swap into my 88 b2 and I got the pedals and bracket from the jy out of a 90 ranger and it doesnt fit. Saw a thread that said 88 and up would work but the column mount bolts in my 88 are narrower than the ranger ones? I want to do the pedals first, so do I have to use only b2 pedals and bracket? The pedals wont fit the b2 bracket and it appears that if I cut down the ranger brake pedal in proper position the clutch pedal will be too close to the brake pedal and I am concerned that the clutch may not be lined up accurately, help?

Last edited:

hende

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
no that one wont work 84 to 88 ranger or b2 will work 89+ are diffrent

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
if you need any parts, i have the complete drivetrain from my 84. i have the pedals too. im swapping to a 4.0, m5od. doing the dash swap too

Elutheros

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
working on the 5.0 swap
Yeah, I've been through that and you have to get the earlier--88 and older pedals. You don't have to have the shaft they mount to--just the pedals. You can get them off the shaft (with some work) by removing the circlip and sliding them off towards the drivers door. Just take some pictures of the washers and bushings before you yank them out so you can get them in the correct order.

early model on the left---1990 on the right

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Great, so I do not need the "bracket, just the pedals and everything will line up correctly? Thanks for the picture, I took out the bracket thinking I had to change it all.