•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

B2 Interior electrical problems

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Ok so i finally got the big 5.0 alive inside my 1986 bronco 2 thanks to you guys and i thank you very much but now ive got problems inside the dash. the problem is if the key is on the dome light is always on even if the lights are off and door closed. also the tanish wire that goes from the main light switch to the fuse panel starts smoking and melting if i leave the key in the on/running postion for more then a few seconds.

ok so throw me anything you might have ive been looking at diagrams for a while but since everything in the engine compartment is so hacked to hell i dont know what it could be (the previous owndr also hacked into the interior harness in a couple places as well but not as bad) this seems to be the only thing left so just throw me anything you got and ill check it all. thanks a ton guys you been awesome so far. -JW

dirtsquirt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 2005
Vehicle
ford And jeep
Engine Size
2.9 And 4.0
Well it sounds like you have a powered wire going to a ground point somewhere in your truck, i would run the wire and see where it goes to ( i am color blind ) so the color means nothing to me. But try an multi meter see if the wire is grounding, and try to find out where.