•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

b2 lift

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I did logging trails and stuff on RC lift, used it for hunting.

I wouldn't upgrade to Superlift per say... I'd use the better of each piece. Early Bronco coils, f250 shock towers, etc.... Youll find that info if you look around on here.

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
i see, i guess im just use to hearing people talk about super lift and pro comp thats all people really buy around here well my friends atleast thanks man pretty helpful

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I'd do James Duff before I did either of those. Procomp has never impressed me on certain items, like brackets...

Whatever you decide, take your time, research it... and build the rig that YOU want. I can pressure you into doing EB coils and long arms and $300 steering, but you may not need that. I have probably $1200 in my front suspension, steering, locker, and gears...

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
thats how some of my buddys are haha just had a kid i go to school i with hit a deer and had to replace his entire front driver side suspension amongst everything else but i ran in to a bigger problem today alternator has been causing a draw im hoping its just the alternator fuses but who knows until i can get out there once its not cold

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
I used explorer leafs and coils, along with 2" coil spacers. ended up with 2 1/2" lift, and horrible camber! also, front driveshaft has only about 3/8" clearance to the radius arm crossmember. keep these things in mind when you choose your lift kit, as most kits don't address these issues. that's why quality lifts cot so much, and why I am building my own long radius arms and crossmember

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I recently put a Rough Country 4" lift on my B2 and I'm pretty happy with it. My stock rear springs were broken, not just worn out, so I ordered the rear springs as well. Only issue I have is that the front springs seem way too heavy. My B2 doesn't really flex anymore, it just lifts a wheel off the ground. I'm thinking that jumping it off a terrace or two might soften them up a bit. Install was pretty straightforward and all the parts fit right. Still took awhile though, even in a fully equipped shop with a rotary lift. Had to have the alignment shop put in camber adjusting sleeves as lifting it really thew it out of wack. Also, with 31x10.50's the 2.9 with an auto trans is sloooow. So yeah, now I'm on the lookout for parts to do the 4.0/m5od/explorer axles swap.

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
yeah we have a 5.0 out of a full size waiting to go in just gotta have time, and well lots of time haha and patience but im also toying with the idea of putting a diseal in it for better mileage

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
yeah the biggest downfall is the RC coils are 445ppi... which is only 10 short of what the F250 lift coils are (455ppi). Makes ZERO sense the baby little B2 would have coils that stiff.

the fix is early bronco coils...

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
yeah the biggest downfall is the RC coils are 445ppi... which is only 10 short of what the F250 lift coils are (455ppi). Makes ZERO sense the baby little B2 would have coils that stiff.

the fix is early bronco coils...
im getting the feeling you want a early bronco haha but who doesnt if had the money theres a guy here selling a read one with a soft top on 34s

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Oh I'd love an EB.... Wanna buy me one?

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
haha i think ill buy my self one first... all the local brewers around here ether have an early bronco or a full size for advertisement other than the one that uses a scout!

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
What kind of alternator would be good to put in I'm shopping around particularly on James duff any suggestions?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Oh I'd love an EB.... Wanna buy me one?

so im about to order some eb coils do i need to order the plates and what not im just not sure of what to order for the eb coils

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
so im about to order some eb coils do i need to order the plates and what not im just not sure of what to order for the eb coils
the upper coil buckets on the B2 will work, not a perfect fit...but they'll work. You can use a u-bolt or short piece of chain as a retainer if you want.

on the bottom, for the coil bucket, I custom made mine... the stock B2's will NOT work for the EB Coils. You'll have to do something for the bottom bucket. I made mine out of some 1/4" metal cut round the size of the coil... and a thinner piece shaped to fit the bottom of the coil and then another 1/4" piece (smaller circle) on top of the bottom coil of the spring. Understand? :icon_rofl::icon_confused::icon_confused:

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
the upper coil buckets on the B2 will work, not a perfect fit...but they'll work. You can use a u-bolt or short piece of chain as a retainer if you want.

on the bottom, for the coil bucket, I custom made mine... the stock B2's will NOT work for the EB Coils. You'll have to do something for the bottom bucket. I made mine out of some 1/4" metal cut round the size of the coil... and a thinner piece shaped to fit the bottom of the coil and then another 1/4" piece (smaller circle) on top of the bottom coil of the spring. Understand? :icon_rofl::icon_confused::icon_confused:
some what could i just use the bottom eb retainer plates?

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Yeah I'm sure you could.. I made my own to save some $$$

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
You can kinda see mine here

then this is what happens when you try to use coils to long for your drop brackets...

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
that helps alot im more visual learner than anything and the coils haha i died how long were your brackets

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Those were 4" brackets with coils that have me 7" of lift.