•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

b2 with no 4low

Syko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
87 bronco 2 electronic shift, 4high works good.. ive taken the shifter motor out and cleaned it.(got stuck in 4high). when i want to switch to 4low the light just blinks.. ive had the tranny switched from auto to standard. is there a sensor or something that has to be changed.. Thanks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Maybe; it's only supposed to switch when the clutch is down and your foot is on the brake, and you aren't moving. Did you hook those switches up completely?

If it did it any old time, it would make a loud noise even at a few MPH (some folks with manual shift cases might tell you about that). It would presumably destroy itself at road speed very quickly.

Syko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Maybe; it's only supposed to switch when the clutch is down and your foot is on the brake, and you aren't moving. Did you hook those switches up completely?

If it did it any old time, it would make a loud noise even at a few MPH (some folks with manual shift cases might tell you about that). It would presumably destroy itself at road speed very quickly.
My foot is on the brake and the clutch in and im not moving.. i didnt do the switch so i couldnt tell u if they were or not

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
If you didn't wire up the clutch and/or brake switches, the transfer case shift module has no idea you're on the brake and clutch.

Syko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
hmm anyway i can check if they did or not.. if so is it and easy fix.. i would like to have 4low

Thanks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
"They" changed the transmission?

If this problem showed up right afterward, take the truck to "them" and tell them to fix "their" screwup.

Syko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
they swaped it out for a standard tranny.. it wasnt done at a shop so yeah... now it my problem