•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bad radiator

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Radiator is plugged. Hraded to the Junk Yard in the morning. What's the best bang for the buck. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
is for the b2 in your profile? if that's the case, swap an explorer radiator in there, they're a little bigger than b2 radiators

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I have an explorer radiator in my 88. make sure that the one you get is out of an automatic explorer or ranger, they are much thicker. also, you will need the lower hose to work with the new radiator. Take a look at your lower hose, if it comes in to the radiator straight, its the wrong one. Explorer radiators, their lower hoses come in on a slant. Hard to explain....I know, but you will know once you try to install it. I can tell you from experience, that with the bigger radiator, it is much more efficient.

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Should I get one w/ an Electric Fan I don't thimk wireing it up should be a problem. Plus the extra room under the hood would be nice

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
If you want electric, get a taurus fan. Those bad boys move some serious air. I can keep mine cool while wheeling on the hottest day.

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Got the new radiator in. I got it out of an explorer. It was almost brand new and $35 to boot. Also put in a new thermostat. The thermo was more of a pain in the arse than the Rad.

Last edited: