•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

bawg issue

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
so ive got the 1989 xlt bronco 2 4wd n shit.. so when i let the truck warm up i put in gear to go and itll go for a few then everytime i hit the gas the truck seems to bawg, loss of power.. not battery juice loss im talking like a bad fuel filter does but thats not it.. ive checkd the ox sensor, n all that good stuff. but when i dont let the truck warm up shell go just fine. but why is it shes only doing it when shes warm.. ive done fuel injecters, pickup coil in the dis shaft. the timing is fine, plugs, cap and rotor replaced. pcv valve is changed, fuel pump is working fine ive done alot but its this one thing.. HELP ME PLEASE...your guess is as good as mine.. vacum?air? WHAT??????????????

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Engine Coolant temp sensor maybe?
Could be sending bad signal for when your truck gets warmed up

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ill check it out.. hey would it do anything diff if i have it running and unplugg it??????? do you know to check them????

Psychopete

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NONE
ill check it out.. hey would it do anything diff if i have it running and unplugg it??????? do you know to check them????
....If you can find a temperature vs. resistance chart... I suppose if nothing was getting to the PCM, then it would be definitely bad then.

Pulled codes?

How did you "test" the o2 sensor? If you haven't already done so, you can unhook it temporarily (make sure nothing can melt to the manifold) and see if the problem still persists. The PCM will use values from a built in table, but it will run a little rich. If it gets better, your o2 sensor is foobared.

Pete

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ive tested the ox sensor.. unplugged it and ran.. still had the problem..also just changed out the air chargning sensor..cant pull codes, there is no check engine light or anything..

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
so ya i just tested the coolant temp sensor........wasnt that.. any other ideas?????

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
well thats what the comp is tellin me.. see what i dont get is before she does it she runs awesome....ill swap it out...

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
real quick.....when i start her up she run s great and idles fine.. but after she reaches that temp she shuts off and wont start again for about 5-10 minuets later..................

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Maybe TFI module getting too hott?

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ya that was the first thing on that truck i had to replace..... the exhaust smells rich(cat is gutted) so i dont know if that is why but ya........thanks man but everything on that shaft is new.. ign module, coil pick up.....

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
ya that was the first thing on that truck i had to replace..... the exhaust smells rich(cat is gutted) so i dont know if that is why but ya........thanks man but everything on that shaft is new.. ign module, coil pick up.....
Might concider taking a closer look at the TPS (throttle position sensor) too.
If'n the air temp sensor isn't the issue.

How is the cat??? It isn't getting plugged up??

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
the cat is empty, didnt know it till i put a stick on in it.. the tps is workin fine as wine.. took it out and cleaned it already.. tests fine

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
the cat is empty, didnt know it till i put a stick on in it.. the tps is workin fine as wine.. took it out and cleaned it already.. tests fine
Sorry missed that you mentioned the cat being gutted earlier.
are you running a free flowing muffler?? Thought I read somewhere some others were had issues with not enough back pressure with a gutted cat, giving the O2 sensor fits...then making engine run crapy.

It is WAY late in this thread to ask...but how is the air filter??
How is the compression?

have you made sure that all the ports for vacuum lines, into the upper intake are open...no carbon blocking them??

then you maybe down to a vacuum leak of some kind or back to the coolant temp sensor, the one for the engine computer.

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
well as far as i cant tell its clean as ass paper.. ive down a water boil test to the comp coolant temp and it tested fine.. and as far as i know theres no vacum problem.. i also rented a comp tester for autozone and it tested fine.. and tested the 02 oxy, unplugged it and ran it and still had the problem. and what you mean givin the 02 sensor fits?

thanks

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
hey has anyone ever heard of a wastegate on the 2.9's??? some guys tellin me that "Some exhausts have a door that closes between the manifold and the exhaust pipes. Often refered to as a wastegate. When it gets warm the door opens and lets the exhaust breath like it is supposed to." so is there one on the 2.9's 89 B2????????

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If your 2.9 were turbo charged...

but that would be one wicked 2.9 tho....

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
k thats what i thought.. theres nothing like that on the exhaust, theres just the egr system and i dont have that..so anyone wanna but a real nice, needs paint but its clean. 89b2 4wd, with 96100 miles... 2 of them but ones parts... ask me if interested...

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Have you checked the compression yet?

bronco8923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ya awhile ago i rented a compression tester and tested it.. it tested fine..that was one of the first things i rulled out...