•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bedliner paint job idea.

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
What are your thoughts on a two tone Bedliner paint job. It's a most likely do it yourself job. Alot cheaper than a new paint job. My Bronco II's paint job is showing its age and has some blemishes. Looking for your feedback.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
IN!

I'm doing a Raptor liner paint job myself (literally next week, ordering from their store today, talk about timing!) and I've used it in the past on my Jeeps so that's what I'm familiar with it. You can also get it in any color you want as long as you know the paint code. I previously had a Gobi-colored '17 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and that's the same color I'm going with on my '88...

I was going to use the straight belt line under the door handle as my edge for a two-tone job but decided to go all Gobi for the body and my AOR front and rear zombie-rated bumpers will be black. The door handles are black and I have replacement black mirrors so there will be some solid contrast.

Like any other paint, it's all in the prep and there's innumerable tutorials on YouTube, including ones sponsored by Raptor themselves, that show the process. Just figure out what kind of texture you want which varies according to the PSI (40-60) and make sure your compressor doesn't get turned off when you're spraying (ask me how I know!).

It's a ridiculously rugged finish but I know it isn't for everyone, but when I did my Jeeps people lost their minds and were always commenting on it.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
...and it's done!

IMG_3847 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3846 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3845 - Copy.jpg

8L of the tintable Raptor with Jeep Wrangler Gobi custom tint. 2L of black needed for the AOR front/rear bumpers and grill. Added clear lens LED front side markers and replaced the stock front turn signal lenses which were badly oxidized. Both of those will be tinted to add contrast and match the new rear clear/smoked brake lights. All lighting, interior and exterior, including the instrument panel, have been swapped/upgraded to LEDs. I'm having an issue with the exterior lighting which may be the flasher module, the "LED ready" one I bought to balance the load is likely (Chinesium) junk. I also swapped out the stock chrome mirrors to blank anodized ones and added d-rings/tow shackles to the bumpers. It still needs the windshield trim and side window surround to be coated/cleaned up, so it's not completely finished...

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Looks good. I used the tint able raptor liner Red on the lower rocker panels on my 1988 Bronco II and loved the way it turned out.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Take your spam somewhere else "LewisDreda"...🖕

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I'm eventually giving my squarbody gm a monstaliner paint job.

It's much cheaper than paint, and much more durable than paint.. but it has its downsides. UV rays will fade bedliner.. but there are some that fade MUCH slower than others.. monstaliner, raptorliner, etc.. but they'll ALL lose their 'pop' over the years.

Just hope you don't need to do any rust repair once it's done as well... as getting that crap cleaned off a panel good enough for a solid weld is a bit of a headache to say the least.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Just hope you don't need to do any rust repair once it's done as well...
What is this "rust" you speak of?

...laughs in Arizonan...🤣