•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

bII shuts off

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ok guys here is my big issue and the whole reason i got this BII for free. im so perplexed over this thing. you fire it up runs beautiful except at times it starts to hammer like a knock sensor when it gets warmed up it just shuts down dont blow smoke or anything . but so far i have replaced iac valve, plugs, wires , cap, fuel pump, both relays on ps fender ( green and brown), tfi, pick up coil, replaced o ring on fp relay . i dont get it and know what to do next some say coil some say tps i cant just throw money at it anymore and dont have way to check odbI so what do i do next ??????? at idle i can get 20 minutes out of it driving time is anywhere from 20 minutes to a hr but when it shuts off its dead and will just crank til it cools down anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 hrs

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I know you already replaced the tfi, but that's where I would look again. Can you borrow an analog multi-meter, with that you can pull codes. Also see if you can borrow a fuel pressure gauge.

Richard

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
sounds like a ingition coil, I had the same problem on my 87 Bronco II I first replaced the TFI, and it did it again so I put a new coil on it and the problem was cured also I was not getting any codes for it ether.

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Did you replace both fuel pumps or just one?

Ignition coil is possible but unlikely IMO. I'd look at the TFI module again too.

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i did the one in the tank and my buddy did the other one im thinking he said he changed the fuel filter under the driver seat there is no filter there lol i really dont wanna do the tfi again could be wires or the tfi plug ???? almost everything was original on it