•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

BII wont start

Chester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Recently changed my A4LD over to a Mazda 5 spd. Long story short, it started once & after that will not turn over. Took the starter off & had it tested & tests fine on machine. Put back on truck...nothing. Replaced solenoid as well.
Any ideas?

jrpdash9

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
relays? pinched wire?

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
How did you address the neutral switch override.I that still connected?If you put a hot wire on the starter solenoid switch side does it turn.

kaytor692

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford bronco ll
id have to agree with trail B2 it sounds like a neutral switch override problem

Chester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
neutral safety switch

I didn't override the neutral safety switch, I changed it over to the clutch interlock switch. I agree, it sounds like it has something to do with that switch but, I'm not quite sure what. Something else is also going on though. It's draining the battery just sitting there. Any suggestions?

91ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I recently did this to my ranger. The 6 pin cannon plug that plugged into your a4ld has 2 wires that either need to be butt connected, or hooked to your neutral safety. One is pink, one is red with blue stripe. That's what they were on my truck anyway. The red w/ blue stripe comes from solenoid. The pink comes from the key. If you don't have these colors, it's the one on the little pin on your solenoid, and to find the one from key get a test light, ground it to frame, and have a buddy turn key to start repeatedly while checking pins on that plug, when the light lights up you've found it.

91ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Another possibility, unplug the clutch interlock and put the shorting block back in the wiring harness. This would keep it from running as well, as you said it started once it is also more likely.