•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

bronco 2 not working right

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
ok so when i go to see my fiance i have to drive an hour to get there and the truck runs fine but on the way back it always dies i thought it kept running out of gas cause i would add 5 gallons and it would start. just the other day it did it again so i called my mom and asked her to bring me some gas so she did and put it in the tank and walla it didnt start this time it would only turn over and i didnt smell gas so i know its not getting gas. the things i changed before this happend have been air filter, plugs, cables, cap and rotor, tfi, rebuilt carb, new battery, valve covers, and some more i cant remember. now what im thinking it is for the fuel problem is the pump but every post i have read said there is two pumps one in tank and one on the frame rail well mine only has one on the motor right below the power steering pump and i have heard it is a munual pump now y is it that i have a manual pump but other 84s have two pumps? sorry for the long post i just gotta get this fixed soon and i want u guys to know as much as u can to to help me out more. oh and it was 102 on the day it wouldnt start back up and i had been driving for about 20 minutes then we towed it home and when it got dark it was about 70 degrees and it started up and ran fine for about 20 miles going 25 mph. again sorry for how long and poorly wrote it is. hope u guys can help me.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Kinda sounds like vapor lock. That's where the gas boils in line and a bubble forms. Caused by heat, like a recently run motor. Not too sure about fixes. search or google.
Good luck,

Richard

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
thanks i will search for that