•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco from Poland

vercasto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hi, I'm Tomek.
Here is my Bronco:

We bought it last year as a project car with my father in law. He previously owned Nissans, Toyotas, Zukis and some Russian 4x4s,but never a Ford.
I'm kind of a Ford guy, but also I run welding buisness, and I'm OK with working with cars, so when we found this Bronc we knew we had to buy it.
It was dirt cheap for a Polish standards. Still I'm sure much more expensive that you would pay for a Bronco in this condition in US.
Body is a crap. Rusty on every seam including roof to pillars seams. *Suspension was clapped out, engine leaking, trans was missing 5th gear, Headliner was a mess and rear liftgate was badly cracked. Still it was a good start :) There were very few Broncos imported to Europe, it is a rare car, and parts are really unavailable at all. Thanks god for broncograveyard shipping abroad :)

So, last year we replaced all suspension bushings with polyurethane, replaced trans (FM146), took the engine out, sealed it, painted it, made the LPG system work again, and cleaned the interior mess.
Unfortunately my father in law passed away on January 1st this year. Me and my wife decided that the project Bronco must be finished, so recently I started doing some work on the Bronc again. I made some bumpers, and fixed a broken front spring.

So next steps are:
Body lift - going to do this this week.
Put new tires on - 31x10,5 BFG MT
Finish bodywork
Paint the whole car with U-pol Raptor
Install longer rear shackles and front spring spacers (No more than an inch of lift.)

Want until front Dana the Anchor explodes and then swap whole suspension, transmission and engine from Explorer.

I have a couple of question and issues to fix, but the most important so far is:
Are all body bushings equal height? What is the height of stock bushing? What is the size of the hole for the bolt in body and frame (found somewhere that over an inch?!). Should I mount a bushing only between body and frame mounts, or should i apply one more piece on top of upper mount like original ones??
I have couple pounds of polyurethane bars and rollers from some industrial applications. They will make a prefect bushings.

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language. :drool:

Cheers