•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

bronco II driver in destress

phatdaddy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
hey guys ,
My bronco is a 1984 2.8 4x4 with c5 . Now as you all know it came with a carb . I am living in ga right now but wheel in al and tn so hills are a problem . Im in the middle of a sas and 302 efi swap and have run into a problem . My truck was not setup for fuel injection so what are my options for a tank . Will a later model tank work or do I need a fuel cell .

I also have a c4 , 4 speed stick , A4LD ,and the c5 the truck came with .
I have a 91 bronco 4x4 , 1976 f100 4x4 and alot of good parts . The body is coming off the frame this weekend to start cleaning it up for the sas. So I guess what Im asking you guys is do I do the c4 upgrade or keep the fullsize bronco A4LD . Any help with the tank or the transmission would be a lot of help.

5.0B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5L
You can use the later model tank - it has a larger opening to fit the fuel pump and fuel gauge pickup through. You'll need to mate a 302 fuel pump to it too.

Ruffinit

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
While you have the body off is when I'd go through the fuel system. I'm doing the same thing this summer, pulling the complete fuel system from my '89 BII to go into my '84. This is getting the entire drive train from my '94 Explorer.

As far as a tranny goes, if I had your choices and didn't want a stick, I'd go for the C5. I have a C5 currently in my '84, but I also had the very same transmission in a '78 Ford 1/2 ton behind a 400. The tranny is tough. You should be able to use it with no problem behind your 302. My preference is always a stick. The '84 will get a sex change this summer also when it gets the 5spd from the Explorer.

You can tell a stallion by it's stick, otherwise it's just a girl........:rockon: