•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II explorer questions?

BishNasty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hi guys,

I have a stock 5spd 87 bronco II. I'm looking to lift the truck so I want stronger axles, I found a 92 parts explorer for a couple hundred bucks. its got about 200k on it with a rebuilt 4.0 auto trans.

Now my questions are will I be able to use both front and rear axles from the explorer on the bronco? I'm prettty sure its a ttb dana35 in the front I'm not sure what's in the rear. Also will I have any issues with lifting the truck after I do the axle swap? Lastly I was wondering if I wanted to possibly do the 4.0 swap at some point, would it be better to use the one out of the explorer and find a manual trans or just wait till I want to do the swap and go get one from the junk yard with a manual trans?

Anything helps.

Thanks

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Hi guys,

I have a stock 5spd 87 bronco II. I'm looking to lift the truck so I want stronger axles, I found a 92 parts explorer for a couple hundred bucks. its got about 200k on it with a rebuilt 4.0 auto trans.

Now my questions are will I be able to use both front and rear axles from the explorer on the bronco? I'm prettty sure its a ttb dana35 in the front I'm not sure what's in the rear. Also will I have any issues with lifting the truck after I do the axle swap? Lastly I was wondering if I wanted to possibly do the 4.0 swap at some point, would it be better to use the one out of the explorer and find a manual trans or just wait till I want to do the swap and go get one from the junk yard with a manual trans?

Anything helps.

Thanks
if you use the search feature, you will see that there are dozens of topics on this. Also the techsec has a shitload of info.
you will also see that you dont need to do stronger axles just to do a lift.

BishNasty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Okay I'm new to this. I know I don't really need stronger axles but I want to put bigger tires as well.
The thing is with the Dana 28 its like my tires are a "V" shape and its wearing out my tires. Will I have the same problem wither Dana 35?

Thanks again.

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
alignments do wonders. however; some say that if you go with a mild 2" lift, all you will need is an alingment. I went with new superlift 132s on the front and exploder springs in the rear, still needed to have a radius arm bushing changed out to adjust for the angle.

alot of the guys just do adjustable camber bushings. i tried them, didnt do squat.

if i had to do it all over again, i would of followed the suggestion of many of the peeps on here and just gone with a 4" lift kit that included everything, and called it good.
http://www.jamesoaksenterprises.com/products/skyjacker-b2.htm
Which might still happen.
just my .02 and i could be wrong.:D

Last edited: