•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco2. door mirrors

OlBlue38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
My 86 b2 has a vent glass. I am wondering if I can remove the vent glass assembly. Move the division bar forward. In stall electric mirrors similar to Explorer, Mustang, and other Ford cars? Has any one done this? I have a 98 Explorer donor vehicle. I have played with the idea of using the Explorer trim panel and modifying it to fit the Bronco2 doors.

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I don't know where the motor is for electric mirror assembly. I don't get the connection to the vent windows.

Personally, given how vent windows are virtually extinct in newer vehicles an are such nice and handy things for getting fresh are in the vehicle I would never have any interest in removing them and if removing them is needed for the electric mirror, given how infrequently I adjust mirrors I wouldn't see it worth the trade.

Having said that I suppose if one is really doing some nice custom work and has a certain look, then maybe it all make sense.

Good luck with it.

OlBlue38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I wish to remove the pick up type mirrors from the doors. Remove the vent window assembly.(Personally I have never liked vent windows.)Fabricate a triangle shaped plate attach it to a division bar (glass run.) mount as mirror similar to Explorer, T-Birds, Explorers and other Ford cars. I know how to wire the mirrors. I was in hopes some one may have done this modification and could give advice. I know a custom glass would need to be cut.

3rd Petal

Reaction score
I know a guy who took out the wing windows on his OBS f350, then just cut a piece of metal to fit where the wing window came from, so he could bolt a set of newer Super Duty mirrors. I'm not a fan of it, but he likes them.