•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

C5 Transmission Linkage

1BadRS

Reaction score
Need a little help putting my truck back together. 1984 Bronco II with the C5 3 speed auto trans. Does anybody have a picture of how this assembly looks all installed from under the truck? I have this one bracket that I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. I know it is needed because right now the whole assembly is really sloppy and won't engage all the gears. I should have taken pictures prior to taking it all apart and will certainly do that in the future. Thanks

1BadRS

Reaction score
Hey thanks for posting. I was lost with that "C" bracket that bolts to the linkage and the bell/block to keep everything tight. A guy had sent me some pictures of how that attached and now everything is just like before I took it apart. It was 6 months ago when I did and of course I forgot how it went back. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Thanks again for reaching out. :icon_thumby:

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
No problem . . so how is your 2.8/C5 combo working out ?? I'm within days of putting a V8 in, still keeping the C5.

1BadRS

Reaction score
Prior to taking it apart the combo worked great. The truck was running 38.5" tires with 5.13 gears and had no problem at all getting up to speed. Top speed for me was pretty much 55mph with the 3 speed and those gears. I also added an external cooler to help keep temps down.