•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Choptop/Roll bars

choptop and rollbars

• Leave her stock

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • chop it with roll bars and leave rear seats

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • chop with roll bars and remove rear seats and use as a box

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

Boggin

Reaction score
so i got a ranger with a set of roll bars, and ive been thinking maybe i shuold chop the top off my b2 and throw the roll bars in her, the roll bars do have lights on them, so maybe i will do that and leave rear seats
i really dont know what to do, Danger06 told me to do it, but not sure
anyways please vote :icon_cheers:
thanks

Last edited:

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NO!

that show bar you have will NOT protect you in a roll over. the (complete) stock body will help somewhat in a roll-over, but a show bar made of exhaust pipe will just bend/break off/collapse/impale your skull. the rest of the (chop top) roof will fold like tinfoil

plus a proper cage must be tied into the frame

trust me, i say this because i don't want you to die. keep having fun with what you got.

Boggin

Reaction score
umm...thats not exhaust pipe, tis professionally build by a shop a hour away, i agree its not mounted to frame, but this truck isnt much of a wheeler anyway, she wont be rolled, its only used for beating around my garden and through my pond and spending time at

what i picture my truck as is chopeed with the roll bars, some 31x13.50s on rear, and 30x9.5s on front, a 2" lift in rear, maybe a 4.0 if i can find one

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
I thought you were trading the truck for the ranger you brother has.

Boggin

Reaction score
oops, forgot to mention, he told me i can have it back cause he is going away for school next month

crawlin91

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
leave her stock

Boggin

Reaction score
well i think im gonna chop her anyways.. i got another body from a b2 if i ever wanna go back

Boggin

Reaction score
will it be screwed up if i have bigger tires on the rear than is on the front but still same gear ratio?

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
will it be screwed up if i have bigger tires on the rear than is on the front but still same gear ratio?
yes, it will rip out your axles, differentials, driveshafts, and/or transfer case.

The larger tires cover more ground per rotation. That inch of diameter will have the larger tires covering over 3" more ground per rotation than the front. You would be pushing the front tires until the weak link breaks.

Only way you can run different sized tires on 4WD is if you plan your ratios out and alter the ring and pinion ratio in one axle so everything at the ground operates at the same speed (i.e. your front tires would have to spin faster to cover the same ground as the rears).

Boggin

Reaction score
no i mean by width but yea i think ill be havin all 32s or 31s not sure yet

Original_Ranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
no i mean by width but yea i think ill be havin all 32s or 31s not sure yet
Nope, as long as the tires are all the same diameter you will be fine, width plays no role. You could put 31x9.5R15's on the front and 31x12.50R15 rear if you want... i don't know why though? What is your plan or thoughts on having skinny tires up front?

Boggin

Reaction score
nah thatwas just a random q cause i was gonna leave stock 235s on front cause of the d28 is already on her way out but oh well lol

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Chop the top and put a real cage in :icon_thumby:

The scout I'm building is just a pavement pounder/summer cruiser/hunting rig, but it's still gonna have a full rollcage anyway just for safety if it gets in an accident or we get too adventurous trying to find deer.

Boggin

Reaction score
what i plan to do is chop it, put the roll bars in, and build some support tubing that goes aroundthe edges of where the "bed sides" will be and then hopefully go on up around the cab, but that will come over time

is a chopped b2 really lisenceable? cause i was wanting to get her on the road sometime

Boggin

Reaction score
wel too late to go back..well not really
i got the windows out, interior is out, hatch is off

im going to work now so when i get home i will follow with a story of me destroying stuff {what i do best}

Boggin

Reaction score
well first i took out the interior, this suprisingly was done the right way, i took out all the screws then pryed out on the window glue along the bottom then i could jus lift it up..thats that

now for the hatch..

first thing i done was lift it up then size it up..got to thinking with my master mind and took a strap in the back of her and went to see the donor
so i parked to bronco head on with the donor, and hoooked the strap on the front of the donor, and up over the top of the b2 and hooked on the hatch, while the hatch was up
so i put the bronco in 4hi and reverse and floored it, she flooded out and shut off the first time, lol besides the point.. so then i got her goin and tried it again and the hatch came up over the roof of the b2 and BANG..window broke in it(not suprised)

so then i cleaned the glass off the roof and it started to rain (of course) so i hooked on the mazda which was in the shed and pulled her out with nobody in her and let her rear end me to stop, and then put the bronco in the shed and thats where she is now

im at my moms nwo so when i get back home with dad tonight i will mark the lines to cut and maybe cut it, but not sure
i will keep my build updated, once i get it done

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I don't think I've ever seen cuts look so rough..

And what was the point of a poll if you weren't going to go with it anyway?