•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Clutch is sucking air

Coyotebyte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
I thought I had air in my fluid line. So I bled it, and bled, it and bled it. Then came to the conclusion that it's sucking air from somewhere. Any ideas? It's got stock everything at the moment.

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
i am with you man..mine is too and i cant figure out whats wrong..does your clutch pedal spring back to you? does it feel like its got any pressure? mine dont do either

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Vehicle
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
have you checked inside the bell housing? Oil in there means the throwout bearing seal is bad. This may not show up unless under pressure. You have to pull the tranny to fix it.
If there is leakage elsewhere, you should see it on the outside of components. Bad hoses, bad connections, whatever.
Have a buddy pump and hold the clutch pedal while you are under the truck looking for leaks or seepage.

Boggin

Reaction score
also it may be your slave cylinder or master cylinder, thats what im gonna check on mine

Coyotebyte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
It has fluid leakage but it looks like oil pan gasket. (Thats another project) There is no push back in the pedal unless I pump it. Nothing at all when the truck is running. I can sift all day long as long if the truck is not running. Thx for the tips. If I have to pull the tranny I will have to tow it to a shop. Not allowed to do major repair here. That will really suck.

Coyotebyte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
sounds like it's sucking air under there. is that possible? bad valve?

Coyotebyte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Ok after you replies and doing more searching. I guess my B2 is off to the shop. This chick doesnt have the strength to man handle a tranny out, let alone place, or tools to replace the slave. Maybe next time I'll be better prepared to tackle this kind of job. Thx for the info!