•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Cold Air Intake?

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Anybody have a cold air kit installed on their B2's? If so pics? What brand?

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have one on mine. Its called the factory airbox.

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So your rocking out to stock setup. Right on. Anybody else on here with something aftermarket besides stock?

sblake01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Not exactly a 'cold air' set up because of where the filter is but I have this. It's a Jim Wolf Pop Charger which is actually designed for a 1991 Nissan NX1600 I once owned just happens to fit the Ranger 2.9 MAF sensor.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
the "brand" is me, i made it all and cut a hole in my hood for the cowl to gather cold air. it is one of the few aftermarket cold air intakes, that actually gather cold air

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
That's a considerable stretch of the term 'aftermarket'.:cool:
:icon_rofl: at least i'm not stretching the term cold air intake.

i guess it has 2 aftermarket air filters, and 2 aftermarket 4" mandrel bent elbows :icon_twisted:

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
this is the one my 84 had on it when i got it from my brother.
as far as i can tell tis just a crappy cone filter from autozone and about 4' of pvc.

sblake01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
:icon_rofl: at least i'm not stretching the term cold air intake.

i guess it has 2 aftermarket air filters, and 2 aftermarket 4" mandrel bent elbows :icon_twisted:
Don't get me wrong. I thinks it's cool. (Note the smiley/icon) No direspect meant. However, if you look at my post you'll see that I'm not claiming mine to be a cold air intake.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
i never thought you were dis'ing. i got what you meant. i was just commenting on how i didn't do what most guys do and take gauze, clamp-on air filters and put them on their rigs turning what was a stock cold air intake, into a warm air intake that picks up hot under-hood air

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks good. I read somewhere that the cold air intake for the Dodge Neons fit the 2.9's as well.

8879ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I used a cold air intake pipe ment for a 1990 nissan 240sx...it is the same diamiter pipe as the hole on maf thingy....i did have to cut it down a couple inches, and grind a mounting tab off of it cause it rubbed on the rad. hose....but the pipe basiclly goes right to where the stock box sat behind the batterie

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I used a cold air intake pipe ment for a 1990 nissan 240sx...it is the same diamiter pipe as the hole on maf thingy....i did have to cut it down a couple inches, and grind a mounting tab off of it cause it rubbed on the rad. hose....but the pipe basiclly goes right to where the stock box sat behind the batterie
Any pics?

8879ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
sorry, i havent took any pictures of it, and i dont know how to post them on this site anyways...but it fits about as perfect as the stock air pipe thingy...almost has the same curve to it...it curves right where you hook it to the throttle body, and goes straight to where the stock air box used to sit. I used a random k&n cone filter from the auto parts store with it. I think the pipe itself said the brand "injen" on it in red letters, and i was also able to use the red coupler that also said "injen" on it. Although it is pretty much in the same location as the stock peices, it looks a lot cooler.....haha But like i said, i did have to grind off a mounting tab from the tube, and cut it down a little. I also made it look like brushed aluminum. I did notice that it added some noise to the engine, almost like an echo sound...