•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

concerned issue with my 85 Bronco ll.

llbchampionovg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Is that an easy or hard fix? And am i hurting my car ir transmission by driving it?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
You need to crawl under there and look at the linkage while someone tries to move it. The BII has a bell crank in the shift linkage. When I did my engine swap, I did away with the bell crank. But check your linkage to and from the bell crank to the transmission. You could disconnect from the transmission and move the trans lever by hand to see that it will go to the two positions you are not able to get with the linkage hooked up.

llbchampionovg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ok anyone have any pictures of what i might be looking for and is the fix easy? Cuz it sounds like something just got loose

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Look, you need to crawl under your truck. If you can't do that, you can't fix it.

broncobuckinaround

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Vehicle
ford
pete is right. we cant help if you dont get ur butt under there. take pics make vids. and we'll go from there.

llbchampionovg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yea your right guys sorry bout that been workin but yea i went under there a few times had someone move the shifter but i reall wasn't sure what i was lookn at so ill do exactly that ill make a video and put some pics on it drives great lol just no reverse i hope im not hurting the truck but font think i am cuz i dont think its the transmission. Ill be posting pics and such in a day or 2 after work thanks guys