•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

crankshaft ???

scotiascrapiron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 soon to be 393
I'm stroking a 351w (84) to 393 to put in a b2. I'm kind of having a hard time finding a 1 piece seal crank with the 3.85 stroke that I need. 2 piece seal cranks are plentiful but my block won't accept that. If anybody can help, thanks.By the way I would like to go cast steel.When did Ford change from two to one piece seals in 351w's.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Have you tried Eagle Specialties?

scotiascrapiron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 soon to be 393
I haven't heard to many people say to many good things about Eagle products. Mostly that Eagle is cast and machined in China and SCAT is cast in China but machined here in USA.Not trying to get to far ahead of myself but I've got another ?? about comp.distance. If I stroke this motor with stock 302 pistons,don't they have a shorter comp distance than 351 pistons and/or will the longer stroke of the crank null that and give me somewhere close to 0 deck.

scotiascrapiron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 soon to be 393
hey tpking thanks for the ebay info had'nt even thought of them (duhh) and if thats your girlfriend in your profile (you lucky dog) and if it's not GREAT MOOGLY GOOGLY!!!

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I believe you will need shorter pistons or they will hit the head when up and the skirts will hit the crank when down.

baddad457

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ranger
I've got an Eagle cast crank in my 331. Been there for 5 years now, zero problems. It's been to 7000 many times too. Buy another? You bet.

mikepotts

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
eagle does make great stuff! and the 393 kit uses the stock windsor rods and the 302 pistons as you know... this combination should get your piston close to the top of the hole, might have to get the block decked slightly... ive had to deck the block on alot of stock rebuilds to get the proper quench area, so it not a big deal and not uncommon.

one downside to the 393 combo is it using heavy stock parts, it wont like turning alot of RPMs on a continuous basis, BUT it will be a torque MONSTER, reasonably priced to build, and run well. a perfect motor for a four wheel drive with some decent heads... intake runners in the 180 cc range. i am thinking about building one for my bronco when my 5.0 craps out! i will probably use the edelbrock rpm heads.