•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

cut and turn 5in est lift, eb coils?

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
hey i'm soon to be running a dana 35, cut and turned, with 44 knuckles. will setup the truck for 37's but prob run 35's most of the time. wanting to stay around 5 or 6in of lift.

which springs should i look at? i'll be making new coil buckets and my main goal is flex. i was thinking EB coils. but i'm not sure which lift height. or what PPI they are, or what PPI i should be looking at?

oh i will be running a 4.0 instead of the 2.9, not sure what that will change weight wise on the front end

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i believe the skyjacker EB 3.5 EB coils will net you 6 inches of lift in the TTB. they are right around 350 ppi too

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
i believe the skyjacker EB 3.5 EB coils will net you 6 inches of lift in the TTB. they are right around 350 ppi too

oh? nice. any idea on free length?

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
This is far from true on a TTB/ TIB truck. Thought it is true with the SAS'd trucks.

The beam suspensions have leverage on the coils, effectively putting more pressure on springs than SAS suspensions.

***PM sent

Last edited:

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
This is far from true on a TTB/ TIB truck. Thought it is true with the SAS'd trucks.

The beam suspensions have leverage on the coils, effectively putting more pressure on springs than SAS suspensions.
ok, inform me! what should i be looking for?

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
thanks for the help guys, seems like everytime i ask a question or see a question posted that i'm curious about, the two of you are all over it. love it!

i'm thinking that if i move my coil bucket up about 2in, similar to the setup that copycat is running, i'll need 7.5ish lift EB coils. might just run the 5.5's tho and not move the bucket, it won't be my final setup i'm sure!

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
my bad for the mislead info man.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
my bad for the mislead info man.
Not mislead. That's about right in the ball park. I had 3.5" EB coils when i first set up my suspension only to find out they didn't work so well.

The 3.5" EB coils sit around 14" loaded. That is right about where the SJ TTB ranger coils sit. If sticking with the stock coil bucket you could be looking at around 4-5" lift out of them. raise the bucket and you'll naturally get less but will need a longer coil.

I run 5.5" EB coils with a 1" spacer under the coil for 3.5" of lift. Figure that one out!