•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Dead as in dead dead dark B 2

Yumadavis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
1984 Bronco II. 2.8 durasparked 18 months. Stripped HVAC as in there is no blower etc. Son drove home night before last, drove fine, says he left the lights on, next am came out and was dead. Tried to jump-nothing, Charged battery, showed good and nothing.

Nothing mean just that, dead. no lights, horn, no click. Battery shows 13 v, cleaned terminals, connections all the way thru, remote solenoid, volt regulator, alternator, ignition switch... Battery, alternator and volt regulator are all 8 months old. Solenoid is 2 years old. Wiring looks good, no melts etc ... Grounds are tight. No fuses popped. Couldn't find any fusible links.

Ideas? I'm stumped. less than shadetree guy, know I should get a volt meter and start checking circuits but never did figure them things out.

Thanks

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
only time i had that problem, was a loose/broken ignition wire in the steering column. i know some of your parts are only 8 mos old, but they still could go bad 'cause they are probably from china or some other foreign country.
does the solenoid "click" when trying to start it? if not, i'd start there and work my way back to the ignition switch on the column.
you could always try running a second push button switch to the starter and see if that turns it over. that will narrow down where the problem is.
just a couple of thoughts. good luck for sure, and keep us posted.

btw, Welcome to TRS.

Yumadavis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Gracias thanks for the info
keep you updated

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Take the grounda apart and sand them metal to metal all of them.

Yumadavis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
only time i had that problem, was a loose/broken ignition wire in the steering column. i know some of your parts are only 8 mos old, but they still could go bad 'cause they are probably from china or some other foreign country.
does the solenoid "click" when trying to start it? if not, i'd start there and work my way back to the ignition switch on the column.
you could always try running a second push button switch to the starter and see if that turns it over. that will narrow down where the problem is.
just a couple of thoughts. good luck for sure, and keep us posted.

btw, Welcome to TRS.
Thx .. and no clicky... fixed that one already 2 years ago.. It's dead. Gotta be a bad fusible link. Going to track back later today. Let ya know.