•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Double din in single BII?

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I've seen somewhere that somebody has modified either their Ranger from the early 90's or their Bronco II where it fits a double-DIN opening.. just wondering if anybody had the info on this or knew where to look? I'm not a newbie around here, for some reason my account went inactive so I had to make a new one :)

Last edited:

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Nobody has any info on this?

Bronco2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I modified my dash in a 90 BroncoII to hold 3 din size units. First, remove ashtray and move the heater controls down to ashtray hole. You will need to do a little modification to the plastic but it will move down and mount solid. Now you are left with 2 din size holes one over the other. Measure the front of the dbl din screen and make a template just slightly larger for face clearance when it motorizes up and down. Trace template on dash piece and cut out plastic. For the finishing touches you can fiberglass or make a trimplate out of 1/4 mdf and paint. Mount stereo to sub dash in the correct location(easier said than done) with backstrap material and snap dash piece over it.

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Just curious.. do you have any pictures of this?

Bronco2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
No, not at the moment. The modification of my dash was much more extensive due to the amount of equipment in the dash. I will post a few pics of what I have done as soon as weather permits, (its raining all the time here now). Put it this way, what I am doing in this truck is going to be SICK. I will be able to get into the 1000watt club many times over.

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I'm very interested in seeing this!