•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Drive shaft suggestions

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I need to replace the rear driveshaft . I don't want to spend a mint because in a year I will be trading out the axles. I got one from advance auto and it was about 3/4 of an inch too long.

Have you guys ordered online for this? Most I've seen charge a lot for the core

Where would be the best place

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I ordered a driveshaft online. I think it was from autozone. I normally hate them. I forget who was the manufacturer. It was a GKN replacement shaft, just two u-joints.

Since the BIIs are more or less the same except for manual verses automatic, I am not sure what the issue would have been. A lifted vehicle can end up needing different dimensions.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I got mine from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. The lengths are on their page.

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I got the shaft from the shaftman on Ebay. It was great! He charges quite a bit for a good shafting though. :D

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I got the shaft from the shaftman on Ebay. It was great! He charges quite a bit for a good shafting though. :D
isn't that always the case. I checked with a local guy he wanted 450$$

He builds quality shafts but not what I need right now. After all the mods maybe.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I ordered a driveshaft online. I think it was from autozone. I normally hate them. I forget who was the manufacturer. It was a GKN replacement shaft, just two u-joints.

Since the BIIs are more or less the same except for manual verses automatic, I am not sure what the issue would have been. A lifted vehicle can end up needing different dimensions.
a weird thing with them, When I checked at the store they could get the manual but not the auto. how much sense does that make??:dunno:

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Oh wow $450? The shaftman was $180 I think with free shipping. It has worked fine for me both before and after my lift kit. Also, I originally ordered it and ran it when my B2 was still an auto trans. It even works fine now that I have an M5OD swapped in.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Oh wow $450? The shaftman was $180 I think with free shipping. It has worked fine for me both before and after my lift kit. Also, I originally ordered it and ran it when my B2 was still an auto trans. It even works fine now that I have an M5OD swapped in.
I agree, really high! the guy builds stuff for a lot of heavy equipment and racing diesel trucks. I think he was used to building something way heavier than I Need.

jimchipperfield

Reaction score
I need to replace the rear driveshaft . I don't want to spend a mint because in a year I will be trading out the axles. I got one from advance auto and it was about 3/4 of an inch too long.

Have you guys ordered online for this? Most I've seen charge a lot for the core

Where would be the best place
So far, all the replacement parts I got at auto parts warehouse hasn't disappointed me. I highly recommend you to check them out and let me know if they cater to your needs.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
So far, all the replacement parts I got at auto parts warehouse hasn't disappointed me. I highly recommend you to check them out and let me know if they cater to your needs.
Thanks, I see a few options but was a little nervous after buying one and it not fitting. Shipping back would be a pain. Most have lengths on them so it should be ok. The advance one didn't have any lengths just computer said it fit. lesson learned.