•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

drive shaft

todd truax

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
:shok:i have looked on the tech lib and cant find this i want to put on a 4'' lift and the lifts keep telling me that i might have to extended the drive shaft. how do i do that help.

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
:shok:i have looked on the tech lib and cant find this i want to put on a 4'' lift and the lifts keep telling me that i might have to extended the drive shaft. how do i do that help.
I have ran a 4 inch lift on my 84 B2 for about 13 yrs & have been running the stock driveshaft the whole time. I did have problems off & on for a while with the u-joints getting too hot & burning up as I was driving it a lot. I lowered the transfer case cross member app. 1/4 inch & that seemed to do the trick. I do have the 5 speed, I don't know if you do or not..if you have an auto I am not sure about the driveshaft on those(never had one) but I am sure they are different.

To sum it up, you can get away without lengthening the driveshaft(on 5 speed for sure)Even better if you lower your transfer case crossmember app.1/4 inch. Just undo the bolts one side at a time & put a spacer between crossmember & frame where the bolts can go through them & bolt it back up.I put small sections at each bolt, I just cut them out of steel & drilled holes for the bolts. It worked for me anyway, a little makes a big difference. Good luck!!

Last edited: