•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Drivers rear signal dead.

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
It worked last week.I towed a trailer and everything sorta worked. (trailer lights were wrong) next day driver side rear signal is dead. Bulb fine.no power in the back wires. Dead on hazard flashers and brake..
checked power at the back connecter dead.. Then the wire looks like it goes under the gas tank..
Anyone know where the other harness connectors are so I can back check the wire to find the break?
90 bronco 2 4x4

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I do believe the turn signal switch is the only place all those circuits meet.

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
They go through the flasher after the switch at least.. If it was the switch the front light would not work.it is on a different wire path however. They may either run along the frame to the firewall fuse panel or they may run inside the cab.. (to the same place). along the frame is a lot easier to trace than in the cab under all the plastic..
But there should be other connectors some where on the truck that I can split and test...
finding where they are is usually by experience or from some one with experience.
The ranger may run along the frame but the b2 may be in the cab.
I'll spend Sunday tracking the wire if no one knows.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Sorry, I missed that only the rear is affected. The flasher should wipe out all 4 bulbs, so that isn't likely to be the problem. Sounds like a wiring issue.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Pull the column cover off and push all the wires into the connector at the multifunction switch. I lost my dash light and forward light, pushed the wires in and good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Pull the column cover off and push all the wires into the connector at the multifunction switch. I lost my dash light and forward light, pushed the wires in and good to go.

Would that affect the brake light also? I'm sure there is a break in the wire some place.it's just finding it. Also helps to know where the wire runs to track it.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
I'm just not sure. I would give it a shot, its only a couple of bolts. My Haynes doesn't go back to 1990, but let me look and see if I can't figure something out here.

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I pulled the cover and checked the plugs and it made no difference.found that the 4 way flasher words with the signal un plugged.
Went back under the bumper to trace the wires.and my pulling on the wires got it working again.
So there must be a short under the bumper.. That will be fun to remove..
But it works for now