•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Driving me nuts!

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Got a B2 a while ago, Ran like crap but the price wqas right. Got it home found out the Fuel system was full of mud. Replacxed Fuel Filter, Pump and used pump to flush out the lines. Still ran like crap. Checked compression and found that it was only &0 PSI all the way around. Had the heads checked and rebuilt. (Previous company did a really Sh8t job) New head gaskets and still bad compression. Got pissed and pulled the engine. Found pieces of oil rings in the oil pan. Found a donor at the pullapart for bottom end. replaced engine and now I have good compression but trying to get it started after putting it back in found that the dizzy wan"t working. Changed dizzy and got it to fire up. Noticed though that the spark plugs were covered in gas. All injectors are firing as they should and are not leaking. Good spark allthe way around. I am ready to junk this thing but I have too much $ in it now.
Any suggestions would be great

Last edited:

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
Got a B2 a while ago, Ran like crap but the price wqas right. Got it home found out the Fuel system was full of mud. Replacxed Fuel Filter, Pump and used pump to flush out the lines. Still ran like crap. Checked compression and found that it was only &0 PSI all the way around. Had the heads checked and rebuilt. (Previous company did a really Sh8t job) New head gaskets and still bad compression. Got pissed and pulled the engine. Found pieces of oil rings in the oil pan. Found a donor at the pullapart for bottom end. replaced engine and now I have good compression but trying to get it started after putting it back in found that the dizzy wan"t working. Changed dizzy and got it to fire up. Noticed though that the spark plugs were covered in gas. All injectors are firing as they should and are not leaking. Good spark allthe way around. I am ready to junk this thing but I have too much $ in it now.
Any suggestions would be great

Hows your fuel pressure? Is there fuel in the vacuum line to the regulator? Did you replace the regulator? If the fuel system was that bad, its a good place to start.

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'll give it a try. Fond one at Rock Auto for a third of the price of anyone local

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
I'll give it a try. Fond one at Rock Auto for a third of the price of anyone local
I would test the pressure and check the vacuum line for fuel before throwing parts at it.

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yea but for 30 bucks and the rig job on the vacum system it's worth it. Especialy since I had to dump mud clods out of the fuel filter

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Alright, replaced the pressure regulator. Big improvement but still lacking power. Engine has about half power now. Any more suggestions?