•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Eddie Bauer BII drive train?

CarsonChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/87
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/2.9
I was told the Eddie Bauer addition has different mounting points on it's drivetrain. Is this true?

I was looking for a replacement transmission and the guy at the junkyard told me that. I didn't know there's a difference. Is there?

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
The drivetrain is all the same, I mean different transmissions and engines might mount to each other differently but from what I've found they will interchange with few if any modifications but the guy at the junk yard is definitely wrong they're all the same in actuality. You may have a problem if you try putting a different model transmission onto a different engine but if you change transmissions within the same engine and transmission style you will be fine. I think there were only like 3 or 4 different transmissions and from what I've gathered they can basically be swapped out for whatever one you want.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
AFAIK Eddie Bauer Edition is a graphics and interior upgrade. Nothing to do with drivetrain. Apparently Eddie is a famous sportsman that used his name to make sales for Ford, kinda like harley davidson.

Richard

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
AFAIK Eddie Bauer Edition is a graphics and interior upgrade. Nothing to do with drivetrain. Apparently Eddie is a famous sportsman that used his name to make sales for Ford, kinda like harley davidson.

Richard
He made a bunch of other outdoorsy stuff too. Jackets, shirts and stuff like that.

Heck my cousin just got an Eddie Bauer playpen/crib thing for their pending baby. :D

AFAIK in first gen BII's it was the pine tree bucket seats, full door panels, emblem on dash trim, leather wrapped steering wheel, special badging and outdoorsy color with tan trim.

Last edited:

CarsonChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/87
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/2.9
The worst part of the entire weekend was going up and finding they scrapped the BII that had the engine and tranny I wanted. I was going to remove them over the holidays but came down with strep and bronchitis. Two weeks later and it was all gone.

BartMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 (12-83)
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 - V6
Hey guys,
I just bought an 84 BII 'Eddie Bauer', a true barnfind, had been sitting since 2005 we guess.
I can confirm the leather wrapped steeringwheel, buckets, aluminium rims, badges, special rubber floormats etc...
I just did not knew they where so rare...

We picked it up today with a towtruck, changed the starter, still not runing, but the engine turns, that 's cool. Tranny looks ok, brakes & schocks like new, paint very good, small dent in the roof, headliner busted, further rest very well taken care of. 72k original miles, original owner...

I 'll post some pictures tomorrow :)

Anyone out here that knows how many where sold back in 84...? The Eddie Bauer edition?
I got a 2.8 V6, 4 speed overdrive, airconditioning, original floormats (rubber), it looks all original.

Thought to buy a cheap car that we could fix up with our two boys and the play with it but the more I read about online the more I think that we found a true original car that we better bring back to it 's real original/running condition, not even paint it and stuff.

Any advice would be more than welcome as we just moved in from Belgium Europe to Boulder City NV and we don 't know anything about these Bronco II 's (yet), we just looked at it as a small cheap 4x4 a couple days ago, and now we got this (I think) unique little old truck sitting in our garage at home.

Thanks for having me here at this forum, I learn a lot here and really apreciate the Bronco II more and more when I read about all you guys storys :)

Bart-Man

Last edited:

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I have an 84 as well. Good find. 2.8s are really weak IMO, but it may do you fine. I love mine, but finally did a V8 swap. Good luck.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Hey, welcome to TRS.
I think this is one of those 'rare' finds that isn't quite so rare. That said, they are getting rarer. It would have to be in really, really good shape to make it worth $2,000 to me, and that's not much money nowadays. Rust free around here is rare. It's a judgement call on keeping everything pure stock. It's not something I'm into so I'm biased. Mine is a rust-bucket and I like it. I bought it with a 4.0l already transplanted in so it isn't stock.
Good find tho!

Richard
PS: There is the tech section called "Library" at the top of the page here and there is a tech section at the top of the page of "The Ranger Station" - its the sister site to this one.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
IMO if you have a clean rig the noble thing to do is to keep it nice, they are not making any more of them and eventually the supply will run out. Don't expect it to be super rare AND desirable (worth a lot of money) just because it is an EB though.