•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

electric fan

b2in it

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i have had a bronco ii for about two months now an just recently added an electric fan to it off of a mercury capri. i stopped at the local auto parts an got a thermostatic controller an now my bronco doesnt go over 205f it also allowed the motor to rev quicker an also gave some noticable power

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
nice... I'm looking to do an electric fan conversion on my truck. Welcome to TRS, any more plans or mods on the bII?

b2in it

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
well i just added 235/70s painted the wheels black and i am currently lookin for a set of clearance lights to put up top

b2in it

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
much agreed i was able to get my fan for free on yours what size fan did you run

MagnaV30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I went for a single 16" Hayden rated at around 1500 CFM, set up as a puller.
Used a Flex-a-Lite universal thermostat, and a pair of Hella 40A relays. One for ignition control, and one controlled by the thermostat. (relays are cheap, and thermostats last a long time switching small loads)
Fabricated some aluminum flat bar and mounted the fan directly to the radiator itself, doesnt seem to flex at all.
Keeps her noice and cool.

What size are you running?
How did you set yours up?

b2in it

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
mine is actually off of a early nintys mercury capri on of those little four cyl tirds but it came with the fan and a shroud for it at the top it bolted right into the factoru holes in the rad on the bottom i currently have large zip ties holding it. i plan on making brackets to hold it soon. i will put some pics on this weekend would you mind puttin pics of yours up. for the relay i just got a thermostatic control from advanced auto it is adjustable so you can determine when the fan kicks on. i also ran a switch just in case the relay dies at a time of need