•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

engine just died will not start need help asap.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
so my 87 bronco after being put on the road 3 days ago just died i was idling at an intersection when it just quit and wouldnt start. it has no spark at the coil. i have already replaced the coil. and the tfi is my next bet since i have one sitting around. anything else i should be looking at replacing? it needs to be moved by tomorrow since im parked in a parking lot. also what size are the bolts on the tfi? i know that there 5.5mm but this one is the security torx

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
ok i just bought a whole set of security torx that worked got the tfi off and it was toast thats the 3rd one and i have only put maybe 500kms on it time for a relocation kit....

nonstuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Here 'ya go again, "throwing money at it" !!!
yeah man, been there. I'm on my second one.
Sorry, I can relate. But that is an excellent quote ! Here's some good info on the subject
though I have yet to do it:
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/remote_tfi.htm
this site has a TON of good info by good people...
As I'm sure we all realize and do appreciate.
Still sortin' out other things on my 'ol 84, before I relocate. Just sent for
a new sending unit, (been runnin' via odomoter) today.
Vowed I wouldn't go through another winter without a GAS GAUGE!
Just did valve cover gaskets.
Have only had it a year and a half or so....

Can't think of a thing I'd wanna trade for it though
o.k., maybe a 1st generation Bronc !!!!
glad you got it runnin'.
How much snow do you have up there?
- nonstuck

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
wow lots going on in that post lol. thanks for the reply i already had printed off that relocation info this morning and actually just got back from the junkyard with a heatsink from an aerostar and some extra wiring. right now there is no snow but about a week ago we had a ton of it. it was snowing for about 5 days.
i have had it for about a year and a half but it hasnt been insured since i had lots of work to do.
the engine leaks like a siv still so i will swap motors eventually. too bad since it only has 97000 kilometers on it. i did my valve covers too. just did my oxygen sensor had to replace the exhaust i replaced the lift gate since mine was smashed in. im now looking for a grill and an extra tfi just incase this one breaks too. just need to find a grill for my bronco so it doesn't look abandoned

Last edited: