•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Engine Problems

Broncopower33

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I have an 89 bronco II with engine problems. I started with replacing the injectors, fuel pump, fuel fillter, maping sensor, and idle regulator. Checked the upper intake for leaks, no leaks, checked vacuum lines, pretty sure fixed all the leaks. The bronco is still having troubles starting on the first crack. Run's really ruff with the start up, it idle's at 1500 RPM, still has good power, doesnt matter if it is hot or cold, does not want to run ez. Any ideas would be great. Running out of parts to put on it. haha

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
hmm

throttle adjustment might be off?

DirtySlim7923

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'm having the same issue with my 91 Explorer... I just can't get mines to start at all! LOL

dontendupzero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Liter
kinda the same problem here but with mine it starts fine runs great but when you drive for abit the put it in park the rpms go up to 1300 sometime and sometime it doesn't.

CraigK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Broncopower33

Try asking for help on this in a different forum, and with a better description of the symptoms and problems you are experiencing.

Try the 2.9 L or 4.0 L Forums within the V6 Forums within the "Engine & Transmission" Forums listed below. Note that if you have a 90 BII, you likely have a 2.9L, although your info shows a 4.0L. Clarify your engine type in your request.

CraigK

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L? Did you swap it in?

Did you pull the codes?
Check the fuel pressure?
Check the timing?
Check grounds?

When you say it has problems starting on the first crack, does it crank a while before starting? Does it seem to not fire on all cylinders? Seem to be missing?