•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Engine stumbling all over it self

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Well I figure out why my 89 BII was stumbling all over when I tryed to speed up and it would cut out and miss some under accell. my fuel pump was dieing (sp) went to my mothers today and when I tryed to come home it wouldn't start, fuel pump wouldn't make the priming noise, so I first tryed to jump the relay after I found it hiding under the big fuse block, also seen that the huge fuel pump fuse was ok, the pump wouldn't come on, so I grabbed my Haynes repair book, found that it is the pink/black wire that goes to the pump from the firewall, and tryed to jump that, still no noise, I then got under the BII, and found the black ground wire, made sure it was grounded good, then tryed to jump the fuel pump close to the fuel pump, no noise, SO now I need to buy a new pump :bawling:

also found out I only have one pump and no fuel accumalator. :icon_thumby::icon_confused:

I'm also going to find out how hard it is to drop a fuel tank that is half full, or I might try and cut a hole above it and make a hatch.

Robert

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Well I figure out why my 89 BII was stumbling all over when I tryed to speed up and it would cut out and miss some under accell. my fuel pump was dieing (sp) went to my mothers today and when I tryed to come home it wouldn't start, fuel pump wouldn't make the priming noise, so I first tryed to jump the relay after I found it hiding under the big fuse block, also seen that the huge fuel pump fuse was ok, the pump wouldn't come on, so I grabbed my Haynes repair book, found that it is the pink/black wire that goes to the pump from the firewall, and tryed to jump that, still no noise, I then got under the BII, and found the black ground wire, made sure it was grounded good, then tryed to jump the fuel pump close to the fuel pump, no noise, SO now I need to buy a new pump :bawling:

also found out I only have one pump and no fuel accumalator. :icon_thumby::icon_confused:

I'm also going to find out how hard it is to drop a fuel tank that is half full, or I might try and cut a hole above it and make a hatch.

Robert
robert
the later bronco II's, like yours, only had the in tank pump fear not.

siphon the tank down ...it'll make life better for you

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
I think I'm going to take a pair of tin snips and just cut me a access panel, I figure that I plan on keeping this little bugger till the day I croak that I will be eather putting in another pump or a sending unit in it some time in the future.

Robert