•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

explorer leaf springs in 88B2

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Ok so I am semi techno retarded as I posted this thread twice (trying to add a thanks) I am really just curious how much lift is achieved in an 88 B2 when newer explorer leaf springs are used? I want newer springs and can get jy stuff way cheap. I will be ponying up for a front system that I will make work, "Thanks for any thoughts, R. Booth

Last edited:

loggingroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
We must be related somehow,I'm doing almost the same lift,I used tuff country's 2.5inch front brackets with stx coils and 2inch dynastar spacers and the back I used explorer leafs and 2inch lift blocks.I should have measured it before but didn't so i'm guessing it's about 3 and a half inch lift,now i'm only half way through my 2inch body lift as i got interrupted doing work on my son's 84 ranger,and my daughters 87 bronco II.I had to get my daughters auto tranny rebuilt and had to buy another manual tranny for my son,which in total for both was 1,500 bucks,good thing my friends uncle runs a tranny shop.And by the way my brothers name is Richard. Mike Booth:icon_cheers:

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Yes related by Bronco addiction/curse for sure, Im hooked for life. Ok the body lift was a bit of a bugger, do you have an air chisel? really helped getting the shotout (slang term) nut washer things to seperate and come off. So I can get explorer stuff dirt cheap from my junkyard guy. I am hoping to get 4 to 5 inches, so I will get the explorer leaf springs and decide on a 4" system for the front w extended length radius arms (gotta have em) and will trim the rear blocks after everything settles if the rear is too tall. I think any year explorer leaf springs will work? My B2 leafs are way tired so I will hunt for the newest best looking set I can find this wknd

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Where do you Live Mike ? I am in Tacoma WA, grew up in LA but got out asap. My parents were both from Kansas, Topeka area.

loggingroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I live in Port Alberni,on Vancouver Island,B.C. just up north from you.One of these days i'll have to post some pics of my project bronco and my son and daughters vechicles. Mike.B

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Reply to Mike

Yea, thanks for the reply, I will post photos of mine as well. Before after stuff. Have you seen the "new" 5" James Duff stage 3 system for Ranger Bronco2! It is ALL THAT, I am again in the quandry of decision, pay a lot and love it or settle for what you feel, or can afford now. Well I wish you the best and I will be up that way on vaca when the Bronco is ready so who knows maybe a cup of coffee on my way through? God bless, R. Booth

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
it really depends on how bad your current springs are sagging and what condition the explorer springs are in. the general consensus is 1"-2".

i took apart my bronco leaf pack and the explorer pack and combined them. (didnt use the overload from the explorer pack). then i also used a 2" shackle for additional lift. so i'm guessing i got about an inch from the leaf pack i made.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
BII's may be a little heavier in the rear than a Ranger but it takes a lot of weight to get mine to ride nice.

I like the stance it gave the truck, but I really do not care for the ride.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Thanks for the reply, totally get it, a most affordable way to get a couple inches. I ponyd up and just ordered the skyjacker class two w rear leaf springs, the deal w free shipping and promo stuff was too good to pass up and I heard good reviews. I will use the explorer springs I got for my wifes , yea she liked mine enough she wants one (w/o using subliminal tapes at nite) how cool is that! Anyhoo thanks much, R.