•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Explorer leaves vs b2 with aal

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Well my rear springs are shaped like a W and I have a broken leaf and I got some lean going on so I'm wanting to replace with some expo leaves. I have an aal in my b2 now and I'm trying to keep the rear around the same height or a little higher. Will the expo ones sit about the same as my b2 ones I have now?

Also do I take them off a 90-94 or can it be 95+ as well?

Thanks guys

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I got my leaves off a 95+. Now I wish I would have grabbed the rearend. I did get a small lift of about an inch or so. Also, contrary to the tech writeup I did NOT flip the pin on the leaves and it has been working fine for 2 months now.
Old springs

New Springs

The only downside I have seen is that the springs are stiffer, so the ride is a little rougher. This doesn't bother me since mine is just a toy and I only drive it about once a week.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
The expos prolly won't be any stiffer then minewith the aal's. If I had to wouldn't my aal work on the expo packs? I need about .5-1" hiher then mine now with aal and 3" blocks

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I would be tempted to try it without the aal's first. I would say I got atleast an inch lift.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Mine had aals on it when I got it. Swapped to Ex leaves and got a good 1" out of it.

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If your after more lift than you have now, you need to swap the AAL into the pack. I have stock explorer springs, with 4.5" extended shackles (~2-1/4" lift), and a 1 inch block, and I sit at about 5" of lift in the back. An AAL on the explorer springs will add about 2" on a B2, plus the inherent 1"+ of the springs. Thats 3"+, and add your shackle or block of choice to acheive the rest. My B2 flexes like crazy in the back and rides perfect the way I have it setup, if I could get my frontend perform like the rear, Id be very happy. I had an AAL and stock shackles on the explorer springs and it rode like a 3/4ton but sat about the same. If I were you, Id ditch the AAL, get some shackles, and run a block to make up the rest, all on the explorer springs.

My springs are 3 packs from a 95+ with the overload removed.

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Yea i got a 6" block and want to dump it, where can i get extended shackels? And i will pack 2 sets of exp springs too

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
damn 6" block crazy lol. that things almost as big as my.... pen ./.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Aight thanks guys, I'm off today so I'm about to go pick up a pair. Ill take pics comparing mine with the aal to the stock expo

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Well I got them in and love em. I used 96 w code leaves, and kept the overload in. The front eyes were smaller them my b2, so I had to get some 9/16 bolts and its good. I gained about 1.5" over my worn b2's with aal. Ill post pics later, I'm on a road trip and my phone has been down