•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

fender trimming done right

JaKaL3483

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
bronco 2
Engine Size
2.8 for now

this is a pic of the fenders before i raised the wheel wells 6 and 8 inches. i have a 6 inch lift, and those are 33x13.5 tsls, when it had just the lift end to end turning was kind of a problem, but here they are now, cut raised and welded

if you have any questions let me know.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Coast Mountain Crawlers
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2002/2008
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/4.0L/6.4L
Different approach to it. I like it.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
mmmm

done

right????:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

done right for........................ 33's?

why would you need to move the top of the arch up that high for 33's? i dont see why the top of the arch has to go up at all:icon_confused: just nip the bottoms for 33's. for 38 to 44's definatly...just dont look like 38's and definatly not 42 or 44's will fit very good to me done right like that?:dunno:

anything requiring filler explodes when rubbed and crushed on obstacles. depending on technique, what i consider proper trimming only requires your hands to fix after squashing it.

from the pics it looks like your work is outstanding though, i would be bummed smashing nice fenders like that. i would love to see what you come up with for 44's though, i been thinking of fabbing a set of "street fenders" for my junk pile made from three sets to fit the big tires. i would make those fenders quick release so you dont have to worry bout them off road, cause it looks like that took some time:icon_surprised:. they definatly look nice. then you can have a set of hack jobs like mine for the trail you can smash with a smile on your face:icon_thumby:

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Looks good but I would have stretched them open more. When I made my glass fenders I made sure I would have enough room for 35's or even 37's if I wanted.

phatdaddy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
i like it dude work with what you got . in the words of Stacy David ''thats what its all about man''

JaKaL3483

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
bronco 2
Engine Size
2.8 for now
well with just a susp lift and not a body lift i can do 33's that are 13.5 in wide and flew completely out and not rub, it probly wont be too extreme offroad for this little pony, well not for now, i plan on doing a 351 with d60's like my diesel in the background so i can switch wheels for the ocasion, or try to find some decent rockwells. time will tell.. well that and money.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
It's a good way to do it, if you want it to look pretty.

But I agree with the others, should have stretched them out more..

But, cutting fenders and then rolling the edge to make it look pretty aint that hard either.

JaKaL3483

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
bronco 2
Engine Size
2.8 for now
ya im not gonna run anything bigger than a 33, the only reason i raised them in the first place is because my tires are 33x13.5 on a 10 inch wide wheel, so with stock i would have bottomed out. but now i can go end to end without a problem.