•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

first run of 289

83bagged

January 2010 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
sweet dude! what tranny did you go with? and what tranny did you BII have in it stock?

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 1988
Vehicle
honda and ford
Engine Size
2.4l/5.0
its a 90 AOD so all the weeak points been fixed and it was a A4LD behind the 2.9 that was in there before

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 1988
Vehicle
honda and ford
Engine Size
2.4l/5.0
thanks and sorry open manifold, has the 70s manifolds on it know from the 289,(might put the exploder ones on though, wish my headman 89500 would fit, still need to sell those) so its kinda loud, scared the shit out of me and the other working in the shop when i first started it, think i was shaking a little, it is trully something to hear your project truck to start for the first time, just made my day

think my new nickname for the rest of the day in the shop was bronco man

hey bronco man.. lol

stuff to do,
setup throttle cable/TV cable
redo radiator support
shorten drive shaft (rear for now, gonna sas the front later this year when i get the funds)
drop fuel tank, and replace fuel pump with tube, and mount fuel pump to frame(gonna try to fix the sunken float while its apart to)
get DS rear brake parts(lost a wheel when i was towing it)
wire up oil pressure, tac, temp gage
get longer speedo cable
balance rear tires
and figure out how to hook a shifter up to the AOD

just alot of small stuff, gonna try to take the shaft it tommarrow and get it sent in to be shortened, only get 1 day a week to work on it with my current scedule, but this saterday is gonna be a parts day, and next Saturday,(assuming i get everything), im hopping to be close enough to drive it(if i can get the shaft shorten in the next 2 weeks)

Last edited: