•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

First time Bronco owner reporting in from Iceland

Webbster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Hiya, the name is Einar and i just bought my first real off-roader. My car history includes a subaru impreza "96 - lifted 2", subaru legacy "00 stock, a honda civic "96 1.4, vw passat "98 1.8, hyundai accent "96 1.5 and a Toyota Corolla AE95 "94 1.6. I traded in my Toyota AE95 wagon for this 1988 Bronco 2 with the 2.9 v6 and a manual transmission. It's been lifted and cut to fit 35" tires. The only modifications that have been made are toughened up suspension, cut up the body to fit the tires and it originally had an automatic transmission but it was changed to a manual to prevent future breakdowns. For now i'll let the pictures talk and soon i'll go take some new pictures of it.

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Welcome to The Ranger Station. Bronco 2 looks great so far.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
It looks really sharp, are there many BII's over there?

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Welcome!

the paint looks to be in amazing condition for a 25 year old rig, from an area that gets heavy snowfall

Webbster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
It looks really sharp, are there many BII's over there?
There aren't very many left here, the gods of rust haven't been gentle to us here in Iceland, and the roads here are salted when the snow comes, but some still stand proud.

Mine is starting to feel the wrath of rust, but i am currently working on that issue - among other things i need to fix :stirthepot: :icon_welder:

I think one of the previous owners, most likely the guy that modified it, resprayed the whole car, because when i started grinding down some places i found bright blue paint underneath.

when i have finished making it on- and off-road worthy i'm going to paint the rims bright orange and very likely respray the whole car black.

IRingTwyce

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I love the fat tires and flares! Great looking rig!

ronclark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Welcome to TRS, I just love seeing RBV from other countries.
Nice rig BTW :)

Webbster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
How do you guys prepare your rigs for snow? Here we just put 33's and up and run them @ low psi and add lights - any thoughts/ideas?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
What did you do for lift? I like that, it looks nice and low. I have this dream to someday take a B2 or Explorer and cut it enough to run 33's with no lift, yours looks very close to that.

How do you guys prepare your rigs for snow? Here we just put 33's and up and run them @ low psi and add lights - any thoughts/ideas?
Depends on how much snow we get. I don't typically do any prep, my Ranger on 35's with a front locker gets around extremely well. I can get through 3-4' high drifts easily if I get a run at them. Or hit them slow and claw through :icon_thumby:

Before I had big tires and a locker, I would sipe the tires and/or run chains..

Webbster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
What did you do for lift? I like that, it looks nice and low. I have this dream to someday take a B2 or Explorer and cut it enough to run 33's with no lift, yours looks very close to that.
The body's been lifted 2" i believe and the suspension raised 2-3" - But I frankly don't know. the wheel arches fake it quite a bit because the arches weren't cut at the top, just the bottom - where it was rubbing - so if I were to take the arches of, it would basically be some badly rusted holes above the original arches

you can see the bottom of the original fender in the front wheel well in the bottom picture, here's a picture of a stock bronco for comparison

Webbster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
And just before i go to sleep, here's a picture of it i took today. I put 31" tires on it so it will fit on my lift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER

same as you

sawzall and welders.......

bigger tires, axles, and engines

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Nice truck! I love seeing these from outside the US. Your truck looks very clean on the inside too!

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thats a really nice B2! You definitely got the better part of that trade! :icon_cheers:

Locked differentials help a LOT in the snow. And of course, proper recovery equipment - winch (if its in the budget), straps/chain, shovel.

Welcome to the forums!