•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Found a rig with a 5.0

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
A buddy of mine found this for me knowing I wanted a Bronco II to play around in. Its close by my house so I stopped by its an 84'. 4" suspension with a 3" body lift, stock axles. It has a 5.0 out of a 92' Thunderbird, its bolted in but no wires have been run, all the needed parts are with the truck just not installed, the trans is also from the T-bird (auto). Really good deal for the price but what do you guys think? Is taking over this project worth the time?

Pics coming in a minute, Thanks for the help

Last edited:

2low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FoMoCo
Engine Size
that lift looks a little hairy

cappin90

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 1993
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 460
lol id buy it, wouldnt ever drive it over 15mph though

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If the price was dirt cheap, but I'd plan on pulling the motor and pulling the heads and manifolds to make sure nothing made a nest down there like it did up where the heater box used to be. and then buy some real radius arms

BDAB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
00, 99, 00
Vehicle
Ford, Ford, Bui
Engine Size
V10, 5.4L, 3.8L v6
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
did anybody else notice the funky header thingy?

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Yea, I didn't like the way the lift looked either, (the welded 2x2 on the cross member). But it is dirt cheap, and I have some lift parts I would use to correct what he already did. This was going to be his play/mud truck and I had the same plans with occasional street use. I was just getting ya'lls opinion on if finishing the engine swap would be worth my time.

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
did anybody else notice the funky header thingy?
I'm pretty sure he said they were from an explorer, I don't know what year. He has Mustang ones in the back of the truck, along with all the other necessities.

budro

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Those are factory Explorer 5.0 headers. They made them go up and around like that on both sides for clearance issues.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Run, run fast, run far........I wouldn't take it if it was given to me.
I'd prolly take it but it would get pulled apart and the rest junked. Buying someone elses unfinished hack job is never a good thing and it's a 50/50 sot of ever finishing it. If it's clean I would take it on and finish it but if it's a hack job like you have shown "I'd run, run fast, and run far....."

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Alright guys thanks for the input, I'm no too concerned with the suspension. Like I said I have a complete lift as is and its a good candidate for the 8.8/35 swap, I was just wondering about the engine. I'll give him another call to ask more questions about it ...like how long ago he was working on it and harness. But for $400-$500 I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Vehicle
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
IMO I wouldn't buy anything with a wiring problem and a half way finished project that needs wiring done to get it up and running i'd walk away from and never look back. Who knows if he TRIED to get the wiring done him/her?self and shorted something out and that's why the project was stopped. Not to mention that if they put on that scary hackjob of a lift then what else did they hack up that they may be trying to hide? Then he/she hands over their project problem to you with at least some money into their pocket rather than junk it at a loss. Now you come home with a heap of scrap and you lost out $500. Basically, a long way of saying: "run fast, run far.....".