•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Front Bucket Seat Replacement

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Has anybody replaced the front high back bucket seats with a leather bucket seats. If so what brand did you find that would fit in a 1990 BII without a lot of modifications? The bucket seat material in my 90 BII is in great shape but the foam is breaking down and I cannot find foam seat bums to replace so exploring other options. I would like to replace with blue leather to match the interior.

KyleRomero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
BMW
My advice, from my personal experience (as you'll see a slightly negative one), before making any purchase, measure your existing seats and compare them to the dimensions of the leather seats you're interested in. This ensures a proper fit and avoids any unexpected surprises during installation.

DamianFrancis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
BMW
Swapping out your front bucket seats in a '90 BII for leather ones sounds like a cool project. To find the right fit without too many mods, you might want to check out salvage yards or online forums for compatible seat options.
Since you're looking for blue leather to match your interior, make sure to measure and compare the new seats' dimensions to your existing ones.
And if you're curious about leather types, I stumbled upon this blog about vegetable-tanned leather that could give you some insights: https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/what-is-vegetable-tanned-leather-how-is-it-made

Last edited:

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
That project is OBE. I had the foam rebuilt and a section of the material replaced with the OEM blue material. The driver seat is now better than new as the modern foam is so much better than 33 years ago. The shop had a roll of the original blue OEM material on the shelf so other than it not being faded a little it matches perfectly.

Dennis