•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fuel Reservoir

jt_txus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 & 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Hello everyone, new to this forum, I have a question about the fuel reservoir on a 1986 B2, My son and I recently were gifted this B2. After replacing both fuel pumps to get it running,(runs great) the reservoir is leaking badly, so can it be bypassed or is it something that needs to be fixed correctly? My son will be driving this as a daily so I want to ensure it is right. Also does this thing come apart? Its is leaking at the seam or were I would think there is a o ring or gasket, just don't want to wrench on it until we are sure. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
JT

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
On my 88 it unscrews and there is an o-ring to seal it. It also has a filter inside.

The new filter came with the o-ring, but because the o-ring was bigger than the box it took a set that was not circular and it would not stay in place. I heated it up with hair dryer to get it back in shape.

jt_txus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 & 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Thanks for the information, I found a replacement though amazon, factory replacement. Once I replace it with the new one, I will see if it comes apart. This is good practice since we were also given a second 87 B2, that one will need a little more work.
Thanks

BroncoMike8789

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks for the information, I found a replacement though amazon, factory replacement. Once I replace it with the new one, I will see if it comes apart. This is good practice since we were also given a second 87 B2, that one will need a little more work.
Thanks
Did the replacement fuel reservoir from Amazon fit? Did it come with a filter? I just ordered on yesterday was $54